I searched before posting

I know its a dead horse on here, but i couldnt find an exact answer. My 91 yz 250 came with a ngk b8eg plug. Obviously non insulated, obviously a racing plug. Ive read about the resister not making a difference, but would a b8es be sufficient since i dont race? I figure the bike was made to race, but didnt know if the basic plug made that much of a difference. Ive read enough opinions either way to be confused.

I can't thell the difference between the ES and the EG on my '94 YZ... except that the ES is about $5 less per plug. I found a great article on this exact topic last week. It seems that the improtant part is that the plug is a resistor type; the "R" in BR8** means it's the resistor type, so no worries about messing up your CDI or anything.

I am running an EG right now. But next time I'm due it will be the ES.

It seems that the improtant part is that the plug is a resistor type; the "R" in BR8** means it's the resistor type, so no worries about messing up your CDI or anything.

Not sure if it was a mis-type, but both yamaha and ngk recommend a non-resistor, so that is what im going to run. The dealer did say not to worry about the 'race' plug and that he recommended the es, so there i go i guess. Thx for all the input.

Fouling is a jetting thing.

Cheap plugs work fine and generally last a bit longer. The visible difference it the size of the electrode. The more expensive plugs have skinny little guys while the cheaper ones look a lot like a stereotypical spark plug.

LOTS of guys run ES plugs. You should run an "R". But I haven't seen anyone damage their bike by running a non-resistor plug.

The fiche says BR8, so....

I know everyone has an opinion etc etc?

the BR8EIX is the irridium plug, and it costs a fortune (like 12 dollars or something) but I haven't ever fouled one since I switched to these. with the BR8ES and EG I was fouling 3 or 4 per season.

just my $.02

The fiche says BR8, so....

I know everyone has an opinion etc etc?

the BR8EIX is the irridium plug, and it costs a fortune (like 12 dollars or something) but I haven't ever fouled one since I switched to these. with the BR8ES and EG I was fouling 3 or 4 per season.

just my $.02

These are what i looked at. I dont have an owners manual or fiche myself, so went from these. What one said br8 that you looked at?

http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/oem-parts/YAMAHA/1991/YZ250/CYLINDER-HEAD

http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/model_years/5369-yamaha-1991-yz250-yz250b1/assemblies/166267

either way the dealer said it didnt matter, as long as the temp was the same. Hed run the resistor so as not to interfere with anything on someone elses machine. So i guess thats where im at. Ill use the b8 until it goes then use the br8. Thx again for all the posts