Sign in to follow this  

Need Help!!

My son is rideing a 2008 KLX140L but is ready to move up. I was considering the Honda CRF250X due to the fact that we due most of our rideing in the woods/single track,rocks and hills. I just had an offer from a guy who wants to trade his son's 2005 KX250F for my son's bike. I don't know yet if he wants any money or if its an even swap,but at this point none of that matters.I am not familiar with the kx250f and don't know if this bike would be suitable for the type of rideing we do.My son is almost 15,is about 125 lbs and 5"7" tall.Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

My son is rideing a 2008 KLX140L but is ready to move up. I was considering the Honda CRF250X due to the fact that we due most of our rideing in the woods/single track,rocks and hills. I just had an offer from a guy who wants to trade his son's 2005 KX250F for my son's bike. I don't know yet if he wants any money or if its an even swap,but at this point none of that matters.I am not familiar with the kx250f and don't know if this bike would be suitable for the type of rideing we do.My son is almost 15,is about 125 lbs and 5"7" tall.Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Prsonally, for rocky technical trails and single track, id say.. at 15 years old.. try to find him a wr250. Or an even better choice for him would be a ktm xc or xcw 250 2 stroke. Its a dream on single track and rocky terrain, but can get it done if you ever get a wild hare and wanna do some track style jumpin. I'm 15 but i'm 6'3 240 lbs.

An experienced rider can make a 250F work well in the woods. An inexperienced rider will struggle with a 250F as they are geared a bit tall for real tight stuff. The X would be a better bike. Also, an 05 could be a ticking time bomb as stated above. Be careful choosing a used 250F and make sure it has been properly maintained.

CoKTM

Do your son a favor and get him a KTM 200 way better than a honda 250f:ride:

Do your son a favor and get him a KTM 200 way better than a honda 250f:ride:

+1

even a ktm 250 xc would be okay. but a 200xc would be your best bet now that i take his weight and height into consideration.

Thanks for the fast response guys. I would like to stay with a 4stroke for several reasons so,please keep that in mind.Also I am limited to $2500-$3000. Thanks

i think that might be the year of the kawasaki/suzuki mix. Bike had a stupid oil filter/water pump cover that forced you to dump the coolant every time you wanted to change the oil filter. If it still has the stock cover, oil probably wasnt changed much and it is a ticking time bomb!