Sign in to follow this  

intake valves

anyone used faction mx intake valves?? what are best? stock? and how hard is it changing valves? is it something that must be taken to a shop? and how much would that run? thanks.

if you change valves you MUST have the seats recut....I went with KW SS valves but the faction valves are good too. MXtime (I think) has the best prices for redoing heads...I paid $410 locally for intake valves/springs and exhaust springs only, plus the machining/cleaning of the head, I removed and installed the head myself.

if you change valves you MUST have the seats recut....I went with KW SS valves but the faction valves are good too. MXtime (I think) has the best prices for redoing heads...I paid $410 locally for intake valves/springs and exhaust springs only, plus the machining/cleaning of the head, I removed and installed the head myself.

oh ok thanks for the info, so you paid 410 for the parts plus the machining?

No info on Faction. I have used Kibblewhites - very reliable and highly recommend. Currently, Xceldyne Ti's are sitting on the kitchen counter waiting on the cyl to get home.

its not too hard if you have a spring compressor...if you just need valves and seats cut,its easy...i just have my local machine shop cut the seats and i do the rest myself...around $100 bucks for intake valves and springs and whatever the machine work cost...

mxtime is 425 plus shipping for a complete turn key head job.. Dave is the best.. Your head will look like brand new when you get it back from him..

I agree that Dave at MXTime is tough to beat. Great work at a fair price. He's done a lot of work for me and my friends and never any issues.