Sign in to follow this  

Front brake gets tighter???

I have an 03 Cr 250. When I bought the bike the guy said the front brake gets stuck sometimes. I instantly got another caliper/pads off an 03 as well and put it on. I've taken the bike out a couple of times, used the brake a bit and had no problems. Till' today, after about 30 minutes of riding I noticed the front end kept slipping when I leaned pretty hard, as well I noticed I could barely move the lever? I decided to let it sit 15 minutes and rode my gf's quad. Got on and it was fine again :lol: What's the cause?

Brake lever is not allowing the piston in the master cylinder to retract fully and open up the bleed hole in the chamber. The fluid is basically then trapped, heats up and gradually applies the brakes. Otherwise that tiny hole is somehow blocked.

Brake lever is not allowing the piston in the master cylinder to retract fully and open up the bleed hole in the chamber. The fluid is basically then trapped, heats up and gradually applies the brakes. Otherwise that tiny hole is somehow blocked.

This sounds about right. Get more freeplay in the system

Hmmm, answer makes sense. The one on there is stock and is bent a little bit and rubs against the brush gaurds I have on(barely,but obviously enough). Never even thought of that-----> goes to buy new lever.

Hmmm, answer makes sense. The one on there is stock and is bent a little bit and rubs against the brush gaurds I have on(barely,but obviously enough). Never even thought of that-----> goes to buy new lever.

or just loosen' the perch and slide it a little closer to the inside to give the lever end the clearance from the guards. this would be the free trouble shooting option.:lol: