Sign in to follow this  

Will this work

Can the LTZ cases be used as DRZ cases in the bike ?

LTZ P.N. 11301-07812

DRZ P.N. 1130129853

Yes of course but I didnt know if the difference in PN may be something that will not prevent their use as DRZ cases, thanks.

probably a difference in the cases since the trans are not the same, the Z has no reverse, pretty sure the jug and head is the same but not the engine case

Yeppers your right they do look different and I think it has the most to do with the LTZ's having reverse. Thanks so much guys.

No....

Just curious, I love to fill my head with info I'll never need

, what do you mean, No? The cases are different but not because of reverse?

Well I have been told by a very knowledgable and reliable source that the DVX and the LTZ case can be used on the drz with some handy fabrication, I was offered a case from a DVX to be used on my DRZ, I didn't because I'm not a machinist and it made more sense just to get oem, but I trust every word from the guy who told me it was an acceptable route. :lol:

You should just go with oem... by the time you can sit down again from the pains in your ass after dealing with non-oem cases, you would be riding again :)

Just curious, I love to fill my head with info I'll never need

, what do you mean, No? The cases are different but not because of reverse?

OP asked...

Can the LTZ cases be used as DRZ cases in the bike ?

LTZ P.N. 11301-07812

DRZ P.N. 1130129853

No...

Well I have been told by a very knowledgable and reliable source that the DVX and the LTZ case can be used on the drz with some handy fabrication, I was offered a case from a DVX to be used on my DRZ, I didn't because I'm not a machinist and it made more sense just to get oem, but I trust every word from the guy who told me it was an acceptable route. :lol:

You should just go with oem... by the time you can sit down again from the pains in your ass after dealing with non-oem cases, you would be riding again :)

Anything can be made to work with anything assuming there is Time, Money, knowledge, equipment and motivation.

If you’re not in possession of all of that, the answer to the OP's question is still NO...