Sign in to follow this  

New DR! Free, too!

Well, I'm psyched, it's a 97 DR 200 and (hopefully) all it needs is a new back tire. I've ridden it and it rides fine but nothing like my Bandit. I am looking forward to some riding in the National Forests in the area.

I'm in the process of going over the previous 500 pages here but if there's anything I need to know right off the bat, let me know.

Pictures to follow....

Well you come along here saying you got your DR for free and expect us to talk to you !!!!

Well done Mate and you will have fun on it , plenty of help here .

Well, it is ugly, so that makes it ok, right? :lol:

I am looking forward to getting it cleaned and running. The guy I'm getting it from is a tinkerer, he has approximately 100 projects at his house. Besides the tire, he said the carb float stuck, causing the crankcase to fill with fuel. So that's the next problem to try to figure out.

Which means I am going to do a lot of searching here since I'm not exactly mechanically inclined :)

Is there really an 'ugly' DR? Rhetorical Q. Nice score for the price. The little 2-hundy ought to be a fun little project bike.:)

Where's the pics? Any, yes you can learn a boat-load from TT. Enjoy your DR and your study time here.:lol:

rc

We hae 2 of them, both 2005's. Great bikes, reliable, and when ridden within thier means can be quite fun. We have our geared for off road. We ride mostly forest service roads.:lol:

We hae 2 of them, both 2005's. Great bikes, reliable, and when ridden within thier means can be quite fun. We have our geared for off road. We ride mostly forest service roads.:lol:

They'll go more places than an XR650R with an MT21 rear tyre.

Or one did on Wed :)

I'm a good size lad, 270lbs. and have climbed alot of hills with that little bike.:lol: But it is a 200cc 4 stroke motor with a so so suspension. :) when we go on camping trips I'll give our bigger Suzuki"s to our daughters and thier boyfriends to ride and I will ride the lowly 200 and for the most part keep. Climb anything they do, just maybe not as fast. We have other bigger bikes, but I still like our DR200's.

I thought my '87 for $200 was a deal!

Thats awsome,at the best price;free!

Mine needed a peice for the carb,$10,but I wanna clean the carb and change the oil,hopefully she'll fire.

I put TAG play bike bars on it,theyre a little taller w/o much back bend.

Fenders,tank and seat are all in good condition.Frame doesnt even have wear marks on it.

Post some pics Dude! :ride:

Almost 10 months and 2 posts to his credit (both above) since the OP posted...may not want to keep awake at night waiting for "pics to follow". :unsure:

Tech25