Sign in to follow this  

SouthCarolina Little Brown Jug Harescramble

So this was my first time running a SETRA harescramble and I have to say I was less than impressed! I won't sit here and complain about much but how can you hold a race and have only 2 porta johns on the whole property!! There had to have been 400+ people there and I bet those things got nasty. Its easy for us guys to go in the woods or what not but not so much for the ladies. Just some food for thought. Also whats up with having just one color sticker for every class? Kinda makes it impossible to know who you are racing. Oh well just had to get that out there and you all may disagree with me and think that the LBJ is the best thing since sliced bread but I'll politely disagree. I guess a bad day at the track is still better than a good day at work:thumbsup:

This little brown jug was toatally different than the ones in the past. Last year it was in union alot more room and more facilities. It also had alot less elevation there was no parking at this one either. the year before it was in woodruf and that one was alot of fun to with plenty of room. They did have a great turn out though. The start was what got me it was the tightest start i have ever seen.

setra has no colors at all just numbers that corespond to your class.

Travis I agree with the stickers on the helmets... on my row they had 35+ B, 40+ B, and 45+ B all together. I had no idea who was who.... I just did what I could to go as fast as I dared and was surprised to find myself in second place at the end of lap 1. From there I figured as long as no one passed me, I could keep second place. Of course later in the race the higher level riders started to lap me, but I could hear them charging up behind and knew they weren't B riders in my class, so I let them on around. But yeah, I agree, helmet stickers would be nice.

I also agreed about the porta pottys. But I did ride the bike around on the road to warm up a touch before heading down to the line and noticed at least one other porta potty down the street near where alot of other people had parked, so I saw at least 3.

Another gripe you were there to experience was the time it took to hand out awards.... It was after 5pm before the first one was handed out. Then they make a big presentation out of it.... I'd just assume walk up and get it and go, rather than have to wait for each riders name to be called out.

I thought it was going to be a 2 hour race and didn't plan on getting fuel during the race. It ended up going for 3 hours and lucky for me I rode the 2 stroke with the huge tank, verses the four stroke... I ran out of gas on the last lap and was able to switch to reserve to finish up the lap and race.

All in all, I have way more positive things to say about it than negative though. It was nice weather, the course was fun, got to see alot of faces I haven't seen in a while and got to do some racing which is always good times.

Now there is nothing to do but trail ride till Burnt Gin... gotta get ready for Sand and Whoops!