Sign in to follow this  

radiators?

caved in my left radiator, it still works but shroud is kinked. anyway i want to fix it or replace, i like my bike straight, no bent parts. anyhow on ebay there are new ones for 80+. i believe they are oversized which is good, but they are made in china. i'm curious if anybody is using them, quality, and fit. oem and fluiddyne are a little pricey. any input would be much appreciated.

do a search. This comes up often.

Oversized ebay unit are fine.

ordered a set on ebay, we'll see. not to crazy about chinese sold stuff, but i have not herd bad-so i hope you tt guys are right. they're pretty cheap, $110.

caved in my left radiator, it still works but shroud is kinked. anyway i want to fix it or replace, i like my bike straight, no bent parts. anyhow on ebay there are new ones for 80+. i believe they are oversized which is good, but they are made in china. i'm curious if anybody is using them, quality, and fit. oem and fluiddyne are a little pricey. any input would be much appreciated.

Send your rad to fontana radiator, they can repaire them. They do a great job and very reasonable.

Send your rad to fontana radiator, they can repaire them. They do a great job and very reasonable.

thanks, but california is a little far to get something like a aluminum radiator fixed. i can have it fixed locally. besides i straightened it somewhat myself, so it is usable. i want better cooling and i looked at every radiator out there. i liked the braced mishimoto, but $230 per side i can 4 sets of these. junk maybe, we'll see, i can always return them.

Blackworks Racing has some oversized for 80.00 plus 15.00 shipping on Ebay

wrong year, still have to pay shipping. that brings the price up to what every other seller is charging. the going rate is $105.-125. with shipping and i believe they are all the same. i can buy warp9 for $220 and they look like the ones going on ebay.

I just mounted up a set last night. This is my second time around, from 2 different vendors. The original set I ordered never really took a big hit so I can't comment on how flexible they are, or are not. OEM's will take a good twist before they leak. There is no brand name on them. And I'm just guessing but I have seen Fluidyne, and Mishimoto, and like I said It's just a guess, but very possible they all come from the same factory. Mishimoto takes it a step further and offers braced rad's which they probably do in house. As mentioned earlier they are pricy. Braced is the way to go IMO. If I had access to the proper equipment I'd brace them myself. I just feel for the added cost of the bracing you can almost replace a set of rads.

I mounted a set on an 11. I would say build quality, and fit is on par with OEM. And for what they cost, they become a throw away part, cheaper than rad guards.

i heard (read) fit is good. bracing like mishimoto is no big deal and i can do that. you're right about being a throw away because of cost. there is a 7 day return policy, so i can't go wrong i guess.

I was actually thinking about grabing a set of these. Im always worried about the "get what you pay for" saying. However, I am thinking about grabbign the twin air oil cooler, but I dont think it will work with oversized radiators. I think putting $ into keeping the bike running cooler is a good preventative investment.

I have a few sets of the ASI radiators. Great fit, no problems with tip overs or falls. I have used a few sets of their hoses also. I would buy more in a second.

well new ones came today. put them on, rightside no problem, leftside another story. anyway they are way beefier, polished, and bigger. welds look good , brackets are basic, hose bibs off size wise. i guess i didn't do to bad for what i paid. oh, ordered 12/6.