Rmz250 fuel?

Ok just got the 2012 rmz250 with the stock 13.5 piston. My question is what fuel should I be using the manual says 90 octane min but doesn't that seem really low I've been using pump 93.. But I hate using that dirty pump gas but runs well should I be using a 50 50 ration of Sunoco 110 or straight 110?? Please help

If the bike is stock then you can trust what the manufacturer recommends and just run pump premium.

+1

Yup, pump premium is all you need. Race gas in a stock bike (stock compression and stock cams) would be a total waste of money, and it could actually cost you power. Even a totally new aftermarket exhaust would still only require pump premium, but maybe a different fuel map.

Modern engines can handle higher compression ratios even with pump gas because they have a more efficient combustion chamber design, 5 or 10 years ago that wasn't as true.

Ok thanks for the reply, my next question is what is the cleanest pump gas to get? Shell 93? Bp? Anybody have a recommendation on that!what about the 10% ethanol gas..just want the best in my bike if I can help it thanks again.

Ok thanks for the reply, my next question is what is the cleanest pump gas to get? Shell 93? Bp? Anybody have a recommendation on that!what about the 10% ethanol gas..just want the best in my bike if I can help it thanks again.

Ave gas is 110 oct. and way cleaner than pump gas which is what I use 50/50 with strained 93 oct. pump gas in our FI....

clean fuel is important to the longevity of the fuel pump, if i new how to change the fuel filter than i would recommend changing that every once in a while, but cant seem to figure out how to do it... furthermore, i would recommended using a thicker oil: 15w-50 or even 20w-50 to help prolong transmission components and shifting efficiency.

clean fuel is important to the longevity of the fuel pump, if i new how to change the fuel filter than i would recommend changing that every once in a while, but cant seem to figure out how to do it... furthermore, i would recommended using a thicker oil: 15w-50 or even 20w-50 to help prolong transmission components and shifting efficiency.

Thicker oil does not prolong transmission compoents or shifting efficency.... which is why I use ATF in mine. Much better shifting with and without the clutch.

avgas is 100 octane. thus the label 100LL. the beauty of running straight avgas is it never goes bad. so your carb/efi won't be gumming up from the shitty pump gas. ours won't start after thirty days. switching to straight avgas in the spring, tired of tearing down carbs all the time.

avgas is 100 octane. thus the label 100LL. the beauty of running straight avgas is it never goes bad. so your carb/efi won't be gumming up from the shitty pump gas. ours won't start after thirty days. switching to straight avgas in the spring, tired of tearing down carbs all the time.

Carbs???

Thicker oil does not prolong transmission compoents or shifting efficency.... which is why I use ATF in mine. Much better shifting with and without the clutch.

not too sure about the effects of ATF in the motor side, and the logic in using a reasonably thicker oil should decrease wear in the tranny. afterall, if you have a tractor and put 10w 30 instead of 90W in the tranny side, im sure your going to run in to problems SOONER, rather than later.

Carbs???

not too sure about the effects of ATF in the motor side, and the logic in using a reasonably thicker oil should decrease wear in the tranny. afterall, if you have a tractor and put 10w 30 instead of 90W in the tranny side, im sure your going to run in to problems SOONER, rather than later.

well I still work on alot of other peoples bikes that sadly enough are carbed.

yes i completely agree was just having a little fun, but is there any storage prep for efi bikes? like running the gas out of the system, or can you just leave them...

I'm not sure about the efi's yet. I try to keep stabil or sea foam in them

Carbs???

WELL... I guess the key words are "not too sure" and "I'm sure". Don't really have a clue..do ya???? I along with thouands of other use ATF in there bike for years...never had any problem that your not so sure of....?

WELL... I guess the key words are "not too sure" and "I'm sure". Don't really have a clue..do ya???? I along with thouands of other use ATF in there bike for years...never had any problem that your not so sure of....?

you aren't running ATF in the engine side are you?