Sign in to follow this  

Where to store for winter

I have an 07 XT225 and am trying to decide where I want to store it for winter. I have 2 options:

An attached garage to my house.

Pros: Warmer

Cons: Exhaust for clothes dryer vents into garage causing high moisture. Not sure if this will hurt with rust and condensation and more fluctuation in temperature.

Aluminum shed in back yard

Pros: Should be dryer in winter with low humidity outdoors. More stable temperature

Cons: Colder

What do you guys think? Where would you store it?

I would love to ride year round but I am not brave enough to ride when there could be ice so I have to tuck it in for the winter

i'm kidding! :lol: (just had to be a smartass) i put my moped up after i came down a hill after a wrestling meet at like midnight, slide with my back tire locked, alllll the way down a half mile hill... because that's not riding above your head or anything...

I would love to ride year round but I am not brave enough to ride when there could be ice so I have to tuck it in for the winter

Man, you're missing out. Winter riding is some of the best. Anyways, if you are going to take a break for the winter, it's better for the bike to be cold and dry when not in use instead of warm and moist.

I have an 07 XT225 and am trying to decide where I want to store it for winter. I have 2 options:

An attached garage to my house.

Pros: Warmer

Cons: Exhaust for clothes dryer vents into garage causing high moisture. Not sure if this will hurt with rust and condensation and more fluctuation in temperature.

Aluminum shed in back yard

Pros: Should be dryer in winter with low humidity outdoors. More stable temperature

Cons: Colder

What do you guys think? Where would you store it?

Your dryer vents into the garage... wow here in GA that would never fly, sounds like a recipe to grow mold in your garage.

pretty sure kitchen storage is the greatest idea i've ever heard. I'd have my bikes in my extra room or in the overhang/lofty area in my place if my gf wouldn't flip out (like deano's championship bike and how it's inside!)

Vent the clothes dryer to the outside, and have a dry garage.

This.

pretty sure kitchen storage is the greatest idea i've ever heard. I'd have my bikes in my extra room or in the overhang/lofty area in my place if my gf wouldn't flip out (like deano's championship bike and how it's inside!)

kitchen storage is where it's at.

1126111937.jpg

My scooters are in the basement heated by a killer woodstove and has a tv, couch, weight lifting area and work bench, and Xbox all set up right beside it. :lol:

My scooters are in the basement heated by a killer woodstove and has a tv, couch, weight lifting area and work bench, and Xbox all set up right beside it. :lol:
is it part of your workout? sit on the bike and play mx vs atv? :)

Don't you sleep on your bike?

One thing hard on bikes sitting is the suspension seals. Not a bad idea to once a week or so to bounce it up and down a bit.