Sign in to follow this  

2003 KLX 400r

I recently bought my cousins 2003 KLX 400r. He bought it new and rode it once. I bought it and cleaned it all back up. I had to replace a few parts (battery,air filter,chain and fuel petcock). It runs like a champ (only ridden 80 miles or so).

My question is how much is it worth? I was going to make it street legal (I have the title) but I hear in PA its not easy.

I recently bought my cousins 2003 KLX 400r. He bought it new and rode it once. I bought it and cleaned it all back up. I had to replace a few parts (battery,air filter,chain and fuel petcock). It runs like a champ (only ridden 80 miles or so).

My question is how much is it worth? I was going to make it street legal (I have the title) but I hear in PA its not easy.

Nothing in PA is easy.

Remember the kbb valuations does not take into account the current economic climate...And there are always variables...

To quote KBB......"This Suggested Retail Value assumes that the unit has been fully reconditioned and is in excellent condition. Mileage/condition and additional equipment may have a substantial impact on the value shown above"

If you are purchasing from your cousin would would also think that he would give you a "Mates Rates" discount as well......:lol:

If you got it for a good deal...... Me personally I would try my hardest to get that street legal because it's basically brand new. But that's me... Try to find every loop hole u can before selling a nice brand new, desirable bike.

Paid a grand. Now to try and get it legal in PA. The title has OHV so it might be tough.

Cant complain on the price reguardless. It is like new.

Yea obviously great deal for sure, another option would be looking for a frame for sale with title ( there reasonable). Couple bucks outta pocket and switch everything over. Might be worth it for such a nice brand new bike you have....

• Like 1