Sign in to follow this  

Tecate HS Pic Thread

So lets see your pics. I have a few posted, but Neena is still sort of figuring out how to work the camera.

http://www.enduro360.com/2011/12/04/blog/chillys-tecate-hare-scrambles-race-report/

DSC_0218.jpg

There are some good ones up at http://dirtfocus.com/photos2011/12-02_Tecate/tecate_index.htm

So post or link yours, I know there were plenty of cameras out there.

anyone shoot any PM race trail H cam stuff? or any video or shots in the nice sporty sections?

I hope somebody has some video of "Holy Matrimony", there were a couple of nice rock piles in that section. Some interesting signage as well.:lol:

Ray,

This really was one of the best yet. (or is that I am acually getting used to having my arse kicked by LAMC year after year!!...and loving it)

Thanks to you guys and the supporters for those most excellent sporty sections, that challenged us and our machines on. Thanks to mother nature for rest. R

Oh yeah good on you guys for the MotoTally set up as well!

We liked the scoring as well, glad you noticed. Do you think the afternoon race should be longer so you can all do 2 full laps or should we ease up a bit?

My vote is to not ease up. Its supposed to be hard. I thought this years race was awesome. I can't wait till next year.

Don't ease up, the course was fine, near perfect really, nothing un rideable although some did struggle and cause bottlenecks in a few places for us older/slower guys starting at the back on first lap. I couldn't believe when I came thru end of 1st lap and was asked if I wanted to go out for 2nd lap, heck yes I said, didn't realise it had taken me close to the 2hrs to get around 27 miles. As for change to allow all to do 2 laps I do feel sorry for those that just missed out but not much more can really be done with a noon start and it getting dark at 5pm, but looking at results only 44 riders did 2 laps with 2hr limit, if extended to 2:15 then another 20 riders could have attempted the 2nd lap but some of those riders could well have ended up struggling to get back before sunset.

Firstly Id like to thank all the LA guys for a great race! This is my 6th Tecate HS and it was by far the most fun. In a word, fiendish.......

From my stand point the only way to make it "better" would be to move up the start times or flip them. I could see the wisdom in pulling the plug at 2 PM. It was getting cold and would be getting dark for anyone coming in after 4. So, if you ran the Pro race at say 8 AM you could have finishers as late as noon, then run the sportsman from noon till 2. Or, bump up the AM race to say 7 and run the PM at 10.

Make it easier? NO WAY!

Im not sayin, Im just sayin.

JB

Edited by jbrownmxr
more stuff dribbled outa my head

We liked the scoring as well, glad you noticed. Do you think the afternoon race should be longer so you can all do 2 full laps or should we ease up a bit?

fact, Darkness time with our average speed was an issue for safetys sake for us last line slower guys. But more 40Bs should have been on the L2.

As Dave said I also was asked if I wanted to keep going and was amazed and just said yes and kept going through the final check. I know one of our crew just missed the cutoff and was none too happy. If it was possible for class distinction time cutoff that would have been best in this case in our 40B class last line off the start (but I know its difficult).

Example, first in class comes through and cutoff is say 15mins after 1st place giving the guys who are within striking distance a chance even though the overall race time is exceded. There is no fault here only for future info and sports fairness.

Thomas E and Dave J passed me in the pits (which incidently our crew tactically screwed up, our fault, sitting before the final check instead of after the check costing us end of lap time and eating into the cutoff time).

The other few guys behind us were within a few minutes and could have played into the class results as well and I am sure they wanted to finish the L2 for their own satisfaction.

So Ray that stated nooo never ease up on the course it was brilliant, those sporty sections were tough, challenging and very doable for solid intermediate B level guys(us) as the race is designed to be tough but doable for its lowest level B class riders. The Sportsman class is for all the others, perfect set up. Oh and thanks again you guys rocked another great event! Hope the inputs help for future events. Rob

Also of note; LAMC had at least one of the following racers countries represented at the Tecate HS, Mex and US of course plus Denmark, UK(Wales)class winner,France class winner and Italy (and maybe more that I dont know) I think this is a cool stat. A true international/local race!

Get rid of the morning race. Start the race at 9:00. Make it a 3 hour event. Incorporate a few more "easy" or fast sections to spread the racers out. Everything will sort itself out from there.

Thanks Chili and Nena for the great foto! There is still lots of room for a Enduro360 promo on that shirt. Good thing the "crack of Don" was covered up! Gracias, Elruko

El Ruko, I couldn't tell by the picture, was someone pushing you, pulling you or was that green bike running?..........sorry but I couldn't help myself.

RAK

Ray, i did the afternoon race. Only managed to make 1 lap. I would have love to do a 2nd and if i have had the choice i would have took it; but truth is I was not fit for a second lap.

The race was perfect, its this rider who needs to get better to make 2 laps.

Thanks for a awesome event!!

Ivan E.

Ray, i did the afternoon race. Only managed to make 1 lap. I would have love to do a 2nd and if i have had the choice i would have took it; but truth is I was not fit for a second lap.

The race was perfect, its this rider who needs to get better to make 2 laps.

Thanks for a awesome event!!

Ivan E.

Ivan - Hope to see you at next year's race! I use old age as my excuse to only ride little parts of the course at one time - and I stop to put up more arrows or ribbon whenever I get tired (don't tell the other guys, they think I'm really working on the course):lol: