2004 KX65 ---Son's moving up from PW50

Have a basically stock 2004 KX65 that I will be giving to my son for his 9th birthday. He's 50 inches tall and weighs 60 pounds. I'm making some budget mods and repairs and have been using the advice of you guys here on TT.

I've installed 4 inch long linkage arms/bones (cut at a machine shop out of 1/4" steel stock, for FREE), and raised the forks all the way up to the bars. This dropped the seat height 3 inches. Awesome.

Now, I need to replace the horrible stock grips. What are some super thin grips?

The paint could use some touching up. Where can I get that color green? Is PJ1 still making frame paint?

Thanks,

Chris

Thanks guys. Carving the grips off is no problem----I have a Knobby Knife.

Looking for the thinnest grips I can find. I like the pillow tops, but even the skinnier of the two models that ProTaper offers are pretty fat.

Any other suggestions for thin grips? Renthal diamond grips are pretty thin, if I recall. But I haven't used them since the 90's.

The frame paint is in really good shape. Anyone know where I can find some green paint to touch-up with?

Chris

No PJ1 lime green paint. Snatch it up if you can find it.

Dupli-color DE 1641 "grabber green" engine paint is supposed to be a good match for the Kawasaki lime green ($8/can). Available from summit racing and jegs. I was planning to buy some to touch up my KDX, but haven't tried it yet. Color Rite has matching paint for $33/can. Smaller touch up brush bottles are cheaper. The color was actually changed a few years ago, so the year and model matters.

Edited by gsa102
spelling