Sign in to follow this  

Should have went with a 2 stroke

can't see the picture. is it just me?

Oops, I think the guy that posted the video had to pull it. It was copied from another site and the rider was requesting that he pulled it, his sponsors didn't like seeing his new KX450 blow up (the rod went through the bottom end).

Very well shot video from multiple angles. It plays it over, and over, and over, and over :lol:....then over one more time. In all fairness, that bike sounded like it had a lot of hard hours on it, but why was he bouncing it off the rev limiter like that? It does not even sound cool. Lesson learned I suppose.

Very well shot video from multiple angles. It plays it over, and over, and over, and over :lol:....then over one more time. In all fairness, that bike sounded like it had a lot of hard hours on it, but why was he bouncing it off the rev limiter like that? It does not even sound cool. Lesson learned I suppose.
Looked like we was setting to do a practice start. they squated his forks just before.... it was on the rev limiter for a very short time(in the video).

I don't think that was the rev limiter, that sounded like the engine breaking apart right away. It was "ticking" pretty loud when he pulled into the shot. Maybe his sponsors wanted to pay for a new engine and told him to run it into the ground!!

got the video to work and if you ask me it sounds like the cam chain tensioner was not doing its job at all. you could hear it slapping around from the beginning. either that or the big end bearings were completely shot, but how did noone there realize this?

OUCH!!! yea thats one reason y i dont buy 4 stroke bike.....it did not sound good at all from the get go.....he got the hole shot though:banana:

yea, id say so. thats derek anderson there, a fast privateer.

Very well shot video from multiple angles. It plays it over, and over, and over, and over :bonk:....then over one more time. In all fairness, that bike sounded like it had a lot of hard hours on it, but why was he bouncing it off the rev limiter like that? It does not even sound cool. Lesson learned I suppose.

he was reving it like that cause he was about to practice starts he even put on his hole shit device wasnt just over reving

i highly doubt that was intentional.it happened to my race quad. I've seen that happen to kawasakis before, its from running a lot of hard racing hours on a stock crank/rod, the rod breaks in half, falls down and drives itself through the inner cases and that breaks the outer cases too. so in that 1 second he broke the rod inner and outer cases and possibly broke a piece off the bottom of the cylinder too