Sign in to follow this  

Tire vibrating after mousse install, please help!!

Hi,

This is my first time using the bib mousse.

I installed a UHD Michelin Tube in the Rear and Michelin Bib Mousse in the front.

Installation was super tough as my rims are black and i struggled not to scratch them. but after installing the mousse the bike seems like it is out of balance.

It shakes while on paved road too much specially when it let of the gas.

I removed the RIM LOCK and instead put a small curved head bolt to cover the hole were the lock used to be and then cut out the valve/stem out of a old tube and put it in its spot to block dirt from entering that hole also.

but the vibration is just to much!! it makes both tires shake like crazy!!

I was thinking that since I removed the LOCK and it weights more that the bolt alone It would be better.

But right now I'm not sure what I did wrong and before I disassemble my front again I just wanted to hear your opinions or tips in this matter.

The bike is a KTM 300EXC SixDays and it has 12 hrs on it.

We have to take an air hose and blow air into the wheel, where the valve used to be. The tire isn't pushed out onto the beads of the wheel. Sometimes it takes a lot of pressure. Use a rubber tip air nozzle and put air in until the tires evens out.

BTW, we run the rim lock with bibs.

If you think putting in the bib is a PITA, wait till you try to take it out.

We have to take an air hose and blow air into the wheel, where the valve used to be. The tire isn't pushed out onto the beads of the wheel. Sometimes it takes a lot of pressure. Use a rubber tip air nozzle and put air in until the tires evens out.

BTW, we run the rim lock with bibs.

If you think putting in the bib is a PITA, wait till you try to take it out.

thanks for that tip..

I still have conventional valve installed, so I will try and pop that bead, I did try to make sure the bead seated evenly throughout the rim but I guess that It is still not the same as with a little pressure to pop it all the way out.

Will replace the bolt with the rim lock so well see how that goes..

as I don't have the mounting bench!!

But do you think that that is what threw my tire out of balance that MUCH??

Not sure without seeing it. Sounds like your tire/bib it's even around the rim. Not sure how you have a valve since it's on the tube?

It takes like 50 PSI sometimes to pop it out or more maybe, it's just a guess.

The rim lock makes the tire imbalanced, so that's not it. we run the lock to stop the tire from slipping around the wheel.