Sign in to follow this  

Rekluse help

I don't know if this is the right place for this but here it goes...

I just attempted to install a Rekluse z start pro in my crf but I must have screwed something up because the clutch won't engage. The clutch lever can be pulled in completely with zero resistance. When I attempt to put the bike in gear it just stalls...Im sure it could be anything but can anyone point me in the right direction of where to start? Thanks

My buddy has a z start pro. When we put it in his bike I remember a little piece of wire that came with the kit to check your gap in the clutch pack after you put it all together. The z start will have a limp clutch lever pull when the engine is not running. Go back through your set up and adjusting instructions, I remember some part of it where you had to rev the bike to like 5000 rpm and check clutch lever feel... The gap and rev test should cure what ails you...

Good luck

if it stalls as you put it into gear then its engaged!!! recheck your clearances as suggested and make sure you have the small retention washers in place (they are very small (3 of them) and fit in specific places in the basket. furthurmore, how many balls are you using and which springs?

If the bike stalls when you put it in gear it is either...

1. The idle is too high for the engagement spring

2. The plates do not have the correct "installed gap".

The clutch lever will feel like there is no resistance at idle.

Only when the motor is revving 2k+ will you feel any resistance.

Forget about adjusting the lever until you sort out the installation, it's not the problem

ok so I sorted out the stalling issue but now when its at idle it chatters really bad when it revs its fine its just at idle... is this still a clearance issue or is there something else it could be? also it says to add oil after install, how much should I add?

OK, I'm going to sound very ignorant here, but I remember when I put one in an 05 250X something about a ball bearing placed in the throwout. Just a thought .. it's been a lot of years.

ok so I sorted out the stalling issue but now when its at idle it chatters really bad when it revs its fine its just at idle... is this still a clearance issue or is there something else it could be? also it says to add oil after install, how much should I add?

Have you adjusted the clutch lever? What happens when you operate it?

Have you adjusted the clutch lever? What happens when you operate it?

No I haven't adjusted the clutch lever yet, it has a lot of freeplay in it but when I rev the bike it gets resistance. The rekluse seems to be working, it goes into gear without stalling and it'll go without me pulling in the clutch but it just keeps making this really bad chattering/knocking sound at idle, even in neutral you can still hear it. But then it goes away when you rev

If you haven't, might I suggest emailing the tech guys at Rekluse.

I just emailed them this morning so Im waiting to hear back

if it stalls as you put it into gear then its engaged!!!

:lol:

Nothing beneficial to add.

But I must say, a clutch is engaged with the bike moves, disengaged when it's not moving. It helps diagnose problems when this is used correctly.

Sorry, biggest pet peeve.

:lol:

Nothing beneficial to add.

But I must say, a clutch is engaged with the bike moves, disengaged when it's not moving. It helps diagnose problems when this is used correctly.

Sorry, biggest pet peeve.

my bad, brand new to bikes :)

if i remember correctly there should also be three small rubber o-rings that are used in the clutch for damping, have you checked the clearance yet?

if i remember correctly there should also be three small rubber o-rings that are used in the clutch for damping, have you checked the clearance yet?

I didn't get any o-rings with mine...do you purchase them separately? I tried to check them when I first installed it with the two wire gauges but they didn't slide in so I think its right... do you think the clearances could change just from starting it once?

Are you sure you installed both springs? It sounds like you either installed something wrong, or left something out.

both springs? the installation manual only called for 1... I thought... Ill have to double check when I get home

i wish i could remember more clearly as i installed it on a buddies RMZ about a yearago now but this video should help

at 2:30 is what im talking about (for anti-squeel), otherwise the video is actually pretty good at explaining everything, watching it again i didnt know about the tungsten balls (better call up my buddy)...

i wish i could remember more clearly as i installed it on a buddies RMZ about a yearago now but this video should help

at 2:30 is what im talking about (for anti-squeel), otherwise the video is actually pretty good at explaining everything, watching it again i didnt know about the tungsten balls (better call up my buddy)...

ya the o-rings are sold separate... do you think they would help?

just finished checking my clearances after the break in and the chatter has gone down quite a bit but I noticed that the bike starts moving when I put it in gear. It's not a big deal but is it wearing out the clutch? Also when it is trying to pull in gear it acts like its going to stall then the clutch catches it, is this fixable by adjusting the idle speed or do I need to change the ball settings?