Sign in to follow this  

tail light issue

since i have had this bike it has had the taillight on a switch that you physically had to turn on to get the light to work(street legal kit from previous owner) it is wired direct to the battery so while taking care of other issues, i thought i would put it back correct, but when i plug the factory light into the black and grey, it wont work anymore. the fsm doesnt really go into much detail on the tailight wiring and trouble shooting. anyone had this issue and solved it?

since i have had this bike it has had the taillight on a switch that you physically had to turn on to get the light to work(street legal kit from previous owner) it is wired direct to the battery so while taking care of other issues, i thought i would put it back correct, but when i plug the factory light into the black and grey, it wont work anymore. the fsm doesnt really go into much detail on the tailight wiring and trouble shooting. anyone had this issue and solved it?

Sounds like the ECM was fried when the lighting kit was installed (without dissconnecting the battery to prevent shorts). A common problem.

the headlight works correctly, would that have any effect on the ecm? meaning fried for sure:banghead: