Sign in to follow this  

Boyesen Quickshot AP bolt on for crf250x bogging, ap mod....

If anyone knows about the 250x, they know it has the infamous bog. Alot of guys do whats called the AP MOD. Well I'm not that technical, so if I buy a Boyesen Quickshot AP cover, will this do the same thing for the carb that the AP MOD does? Does this thing work and get rid og bogging? Thats what they claim, but I don't know if this thing needs to be modified as well. I know they have 1, 2, & 3 quickshots.. Did they tune it to where it works by the 3rd one?

If anyone knows about the 250x, they know it has the infamous bog. Alot of guys do whats called the AP MOD. Well I'm not that technical, so if I buy a Boyesen Quickshot AP cover, will this do the same thing for the carb that the AP MOD does? Does this thing work and get rid og bogging? Thats what they claim, but I don't know if this thing needs to be modified as well. I know they have 1, 2, & 3 quickshots.. Did they tune it to where it works by the 3rd one?

The Quickshot does NOT address the bog issue on any FCR MC/CR carb. It helps to prevent fuel frothing inside the APump bowl, but it is not a bog fix.

Bog fix;

- change the Apump detent spring to a Merge Racing or R&D spring;

http://www.mergeracing.com/products/AcceleratorPumpSpring.php

- change the leak jet to a #50

- adjust the apump linkage by turning the linkage screw 1/2 turn in or out, riding each time to see the results.

If you are LAZY and don't want to install the spring, you can do a MICKEY MOUSE repair that is not permanent, by using an oring on the linkage.

The Quickshot does NOT address the bog issue on any FCR MC/CR carb. It helps to prevent fuel frothing inside the APump bowl, but it is not a bog fix.

Bog fix;

- change the Apump detent spring to a Merge Racing or R&D spring;

http://www.mergeracing.com/products/AcceleratorPumpSpring.php

- change the leak jet to a #50

- adjust the apump linkage by turning the linkage screw 1/2 turn in or out, riding each time to see the results.

If you are LAZY and don't want to install the spring, you can do a MICKEY MOUSE repair that is not permanent, by using an oring on the linkage.

Great thanks for the info!! No, I'd rather get it done right the 1st time:ride: