Sign in to follow this  

Next Mod?

So iwas convinced after reading a few articles on flywheel weights that i needed to get one... Then my buddy bought a rekluse 2.0 for his ktm 505 and says it is so awesome he feels like he is cheating on trails.

So my question is what one to do first or just jump in and do both?

I ride a lot of trails but since i live close to a track i do a lot of mx riding probably 60% track 40% trails

thanks for any response

Either or. You don't need a FFW with a Rekluse.

this may sound stupid but... why? i would think the rekluse wouldn't take anything from the power hit as long as you stay in the right gear.....

Its a fairly personal choice. The rekluse or flywheel is really nice for some, not so much by others. Me, I hate flywheels, they made my YZ rev slow, in turn making it feel heavy. I never felt I got any better traction with or without it. I like a little bit of a hit in my bikes. The rekluse I tried wasnt set up right so my first experience wasnt in the best of situations. If I was spending the money, I would go rekluse though, it will help with traction like the flywheel but make the bike virtually impossible to stall at the same time. I wouldnt do both though. Just my 2 cents

thanks for the info... i have been sketchy on the flywheel myself... i like the "hit" of the power. The rekluse just sounds like a awesome product i think i will try it out and scrap the weighted flywheel...

this may sound stupid but... why? i would think the rekluse wouldn't take anything from the power hit as long as you stay in the right gear.....

Rekluse weighs more. It IS a bit of a FFW. It's down stream a gear. But it is still functionally there whenever the clutch is engaged.

I like my heavy flywheel, but I believe I would go for the rekluse. A lot of the reason for the heavy flywheel is the reduced stalling. If you could eliminate that, it would be a huge deal.

Just get the Rekluse. I have a Dynaring on the YZ (same thing as the 2.0) and it has changed my riding for nothing but the better. Traction mostly, but not stalling is great too. I was thinking about a FWW too, but not anymore.

The autoclutch is weird at first, I had to unlearn how to use a clutch my first 2 rides on it. Now that I'm used to it there's no going back :lol:

Just spend a minute setting it up properly, then forget about it. Install is a breeze.