Sign in to follow this  

GoPro Hero HD Question

I am looking at getting a GoPro camera soon (not the Hero2) and was wondering which kit to get.

Does the Hero Naked have everything you need in order to mount it to your helmet, or do I need to get one of the other bundles (i.e. Helmet Hero, Motorsports Hero, etc.)? I'm just wondering if I really need to spend $40 dollars more on one of the kits with other stuff in it.

Also, who has the best prices on the GoPro's right now? I can get the Hero Naked for $150 (before shipping; $175 w/shipping), are there any better deals?

Thanks! ...I know this topic has been beat to death around here! Haha

Also to add to my question in the first post, has anyone ordered directly from GoPro? Why are they able to charge taxes when they are based out of California (I think)? Does it have to do with having distributors in many states?

The naked model comes with 2 stick on mounts, probably one curved and one flat. You can get a bag of various stick on mounts and adapters separately for around $20.

Thanks for the response!

So the stick-on curved mount is all that is needed to mount the camera on top of the helmet? If that is the case, I will just stick with getting the GoPro Naked.

Yup. Just be careful to get the stick on part of the mount positioned so that the camera points straight forward. You can adjust the up/down angle once it's stuck, but not side to side.

I just got a Go Pro Hero2 and can't figure out how to view the videos:bonk: The SD card will not work on our TV or digital picture frame. Any help would be appreciated.

I just got a Go Pro Hero2 and can't figure out how to view the videos:bonk: The SD card will not work on our TV or digital picture frame. Any help would be appreciated.

Copy them to your computer and view there. You could also upload them to YouTube..

..a

You should have gotten an A/V cable with it (white, yellow, red, that plugs into your TV and the camera). Have you tried that?

Edit: Now that I've looked on GoPro's site, I don't see that cable listed in the included items with the HD2. Do you have a USB port on your TV, DVD player anywhere.

I have not tried loading them to the computer. The manual say's Vista 7 required and mine is XP. As for youtube I'm....... on....... dial....... up:bonk:

The TV does have the av outlets I'll give that a try Also has S video whatever that is and a sd card adapter (which was tried).

I read online that the sd card need to be formatted in FAT32, not sure how that is done.

Thanks all.

Yup, XP was a big problem for a lot of people when the first HD came out, I ended up getting a new computer (that I'd been wanting for quite some time anyway).

The GoPro HD cameras use an MP4 format that isn't very compatible with XP. I couldn't get it to upload more than the first frame.

You should be able to watch your videos directly to your TV though the A/V cable. I've not tried it, but you may be able to connect to your DVD recorder/player and burn the videos on a DVD.

Edit: As for converting the SD card to FAT32, here's an Ehow tutorial.. FAT32 Conversion. Never done it, don't know if it'll work for your uses, or on a SDHC card, but something to look into. You may have to pick up a card reader at the Wal Mart, around $5 I think.

when you get it try wearing it backwards the footage looks 10 times cooler, if you want footage of yourself get your buddy to wear it and chase him down

Cool,, got it working on XP going through explorer, a little slow but that could be the SD card. Next step is the big screen TV. :bonk:

"when you get it try wearing it backwards the footage looks 10 times cooler, if you want footage of yourself get your buddy to wear it and chase him down"

My first thoughts when I got it. Roosting on my buddy's might look pretty cool.