Sign in to follow this  

Engine tuners for SXS300 kit

I have fitted a sxs300 kit to my 2012 sx250. I feel the kit gives a significant boost to the mid range and top end, but it runs a bit flat of the bottom. The roll on seems to hold back and then bang the mid range kicks in and the bike flies.

I would like to have the cylinder modified to enhance the low end roll on ability of the motor, ie remove the step up to the mid range.

Can anyone recommend a good KTM porting company to do my cylinder and head?

The step you are getting in the power band is a jetting/power valve issue. What jetting do you have, also put the red pv spring near flush and you'll get better off idle torque..

Slavens racing did my 300 and it will pull your arms off from bottom to top. My other bike is a 505 and the 300 is close to that.

The step you are getting in the power band is a jetting/power valve issue. What jetting do you have, also put the red pv spring near flush and you'll get better off idle torque..

I agree jetting is critical. I like suzuki needles,NECJ summer. Now that it's cooler out,the 1/2 clip richer NEDJ. These needles are smooth and strong.

But disagree with the power valve suggestion. The green or yellow spring will make more torque off the bottom and have a smoother transition on to the pipe.

On my 07,250 conversion (11,XC head,jug,ignition) i use the yellow spring and a fly wheel weight for s/t. I all so prefer the old style (04-10) stock pipe.