WP vs. SKF seals video demo

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no doubts the SKF seals are that good but after switching to Slickoleum grease a cpl yrs ago pretty much every fork I build will fall & be that free using OEM seals....

doc

Is that the clear stuff, that looks a bit like vaseline? I bought some skf seals from slavens ages ago and it came with a little white tub of seal grease. I googled slickoleum and the little tub looks identical.

Is that the clear stuff, that looks a bit like vaseline? I bought some skf seals from slavens ages ago and it came with a little white tub of seal grease. I googled slickoleum and the little tub looks identical.

Yep, Arlo Englund sells it and it was specifically designed for fork stiction:thumbsup:

doc

you can make a false video on fork you put only the dust seal on fork and the fork go without stiction.with the oem nok the showa-kyb have no stiction as the wp on video. i never rebuilt a fork with that stiction.you can make a video whit dry fork seal VS fork with only dust seal and the difference is very important!!!!!but if the video posted is true.......

How does the Slickoleum compare to the Race Tech Ultra Slick grease (in terms of stiction and longevity)?

Like I said.....longer & better than any other grease I've tried. Forgot to say tho that I've pretty much tried them all including RT's grease....

doc

i tried similar tests with skf seals.

while they were an improvement, there was not that much difference for a cr500 fork.

thats probably true on a Honda, but on a ktm of that era the tubes suck! I had my 08 fork legs polished and the SKF seals and low friction KYB bushings installed and it was night and day different! and that was with no valving changes, it really was a big difference, I had the same done on my 2011 KTM and while better not the same as on the 08, KTM has gone to a different process on the newer bikes the legs are much better quality now.