Sign in to follow this  

Should I stroke it?

Seriously, though.

My bottom end needs to be replaced.

I have Athena 94mm bore, webcams, Ferrea valves (not +1), FCR 39. Just unloaded the Yosh RS2 and will be getting a MRD/SSW

I'm undecided on stock crank or stroker crank.

If it needs a crank,, there is no way I would install anything other than a 4mm stroker... even if it's in an otherwise stock bike, right down to a BSR36.. There is NO down side.. not cost, reliability, vibrations, nothing.

If the case is split, it's getting a HOTRODS 4mm stroker crank in my garage. :lol:

If it needs a crank,, there is no way I would install anything other than a 4mm stroker... even if it's in an otherwise stock bike, right down to a BSR36.. There is NO down side.. not cost, reliability, vibrations, nothing.

If the case is split, it's getting a HOTRODS 4mm stroker crank in my garage. :lol:

No reliability downside? It has to be at least a little bit less reliable, correct?

what webcams do you have ?

add a 41mm carb to the list to get the best out of it

I have 293/536 grind. Valve lift .360/.378 Duration 248/268 Duration @ .050 226/244

I was considering the 540/539 grind Valve lift .384/.400 Duration 272/280 Duration @ .050 248/256.

Anyone want to trade a FCR 39 for a FCR 41? :lol:

No reliability downside? It has to be at least a little bit less reliable, correct?

all you need to do is not over rev , no reliability issues will arise

my stroker motor has 20,000 dirt miles on it , only pistons and valves replaced

NO, or none seen in this, arguable the largest most populated DRZ forum on the internet.. And full of people that will voice a complaint, perceived, real, or implied at the drop of a hat. As well as folks that build DRZ motors for a living, for fun, and for a living which makes it fun.

It's actually no different if you just take care of it... Just change the oil every 1000 miles (or more if you race) and enjoy the extra power...

I have over 27,000 street miles on my +4mm crank since the motor was built...

Life is good:thumbsup:

As said if the cases have to be split,you might as well put a stroker crank in there,if you have ideas for more power by fitting a big bore,and cams your gonna want to do it at some point,anyway ..... do it now.

yeah ... the 39mm gives bottom to mid the 41 gives mid to top end

i tried the 39 and the 41mm on my stroker .. dirt use

+1..I remember Eddie saying that a 39mm on a stroker for off road is the best set up....