Sign in to follow this  

Foot Pegs?

What pegs are you guys running on your YZ250's?

I had a decent get off yesterday and broke my right peg off. It was the stock Titanium peg. Luckily there was enough left on there to snag my boot on so I could ride out of the woods easily.

I am considering trying some Pivot Pegs, but I am looking at the IMS pros as well.

What holds up well in the rocks?

I have fastway and lightspeed titanium and they are both awesome,wide and lower gives me a little more leg room. Either one will make you happy.

Tust aluminum billet pegs... love them are super light and wider than IMS..also cheaper by 20 bucks.. i love mine

Buy the 08-2012 YZF foot pegs. I believe they are around $45 per peg (ish), are SS, much wider, and a hair lower than your stock pegs.
:lol::thumbsup: I now have 08+ YZ450 pegs on all my Yamahas ('cept the P-dub :))

The tusk billet footpegs have a 2 1/4" wide.

The 2004-2007 OEM titanium pegs are 1 3/4" wide.

The 2008-2009 OEM stainless steel 4 stroke pegs are almost 2 1/4" wide.

The 2010+ OEM stainless steel pegs are the same as the 08-09's, but 5mm taller.

Why spend $50+ on a good set of OEM pegs when you can get the tusk billet ones for 65$?

Why spend $50+ on a good set of OEM pegs when you can get the tusk billet ones for 65$?
I have bent many and even broke one OEM steel peg. I can't imagine an aluminum peg would hold up to that abuse :lol:

The reason to buy oem footpegs is cost. Not so much initial cost, but later on when one gets smashed. Its easy to find a left or right on ebay and not expensive if a dealer has to order one.

IMS PRO. End of story. You will wear the spikeks off before you ever break them. Won the dirt Rider peg shoot out. Have Raced 3 seasons of hare scramble, endurocross and national enduro and still going strong. Unbelievable