Put a hole on my clutch cover(RH)

Put a hole on my clutch cover(RH) it’s an 06 ktm 450 EXC RFS engine. Are all RFS engine’s clutch cover interchangeable from 2000-2007, ie. 250 350 560 400 450 525 EXC MXC XC SX?

Is the best to replace it with a used OEM from ebay or are there any aftermarket, stronger one?

Thanks.

Edited by topi1967

Billet is much stronger

There is a guy on the AMA D37 message board that made some. Looked real nice.

May have to do a search for it.

I believe that you are refereeing the removable billet covers . Unfortunately the pre 2007 RFS engines didn’t have a removable top cover so it doesn’t help me with the 2006 RFS engine.?

I have one off my 2005 525 you can have real cheap.

Don

Don,

:worthy:Thanks for the offer but an 05 would not work in an 06.

I've learned it form here:http://dirtbikesaction.com/topic/2465036/1/

:prof:To summarize it: starting in 06, KTM changed the clutch cover by milling it deeper to make room for the improved Starter gear thus I can only use and 06 or an 07. Seems like the 07 is the way to go since they have a separate outer cover which could be swapped out for a stronger aftermarket one, as stolidog pointed out above. Also it makes it easier to service the clutch.??

Don,

:worthy:Thanks for the offer but an 05 would not work in an 06.

I've learned it form here:http://dirtbikesaction.com/topic/2465036/1/

:prof:To summarize it: starting in 06, KTM changed the clutch cover by milling it deeper to make room for the improved Starter gear thus I can only use and 06 or an 07. Seems like the 07 is the way to go since they have a separate outer cover which could be swapped out for a stronger aftermarket one, as stolidog pointed out above. Also it makes it easier to service the clutch.??

No problem, although my case is machined for the updated starter gear.

Don

So, I found a local shop with the 07 they also had an 06 cover, no problem right, you think. well, as it turns out my bike is an 06 but my engine was more like an 05-06 it had the newer clutch cover but with an older started gear. My original clutch cover was actually machined down to make room for the wider profile gear. We ended up swapping the gear too to fit the new 07, two piece cover. I am just glad it all happened all at the shop and so they could quickly point out the problem, it would have been a long discovery in my garage...?

THANKS TrailTricks!?

the new cover:

clutch2.jpg