2009 kawasaki kx250f best bike ever!

I own over 20 different mx bikes. I have nothing older then 2004 and really have no brand loyolty! I bought 2 kx250f 2009 months ago (wanted carb and the last of the titanium exhaust bikes) so I took both, I have my own MX track and ride as often as 5 day a week because it never rains here in La! I just want to write that i think the 2009 (I have the 07-08) is as good as the reviews in some of the magazines! I bought a 07 because the 06 was not as good I bought the 08 because the 07 was not as good and all the reviews on the 07-08 was Ka-Ka due to the lack of a better word it was just reviews to make you buy!!!!!!! Well I fell for it again and bought 2 09's and guess what! They are as good if not better than the magazines and reviews lead you to believe!!!!!! Just my 2 cents!

Love to ride even at 45yrs....................and will never be a Dungey but I smile more when I ride!

Ok, sweet.. glad you have money to buy things like that.. But the 2010 is better then the 09... The 2011 wasn't given as good of a review as the 2010 due to the motor isn't as strong.. How ever efi may not make the raw numbers that the 2010 does but the fact is the 2011 is once the ecu is remapped more fluid and responsive compared to the 2010.. With the 2012 it's suposed to be the cats meow due to the upstream injector..

On a side note.. the 2009s still had cornering issues with the stock offsets.. If you have stock tripple clamps you might want to consider going to a 2011 tripple clamps which will improve the bike more so..

Just sold my 09 and bought a 12. The 09 was a good bike with lots of power but didn't turn that great. I had the PC link on the back and it helped, but as someone said, different tri clamps will really help. I had PC do my suspension and it was awesome.

If I had kept it, tri clamps would have been my next investment.

Btw, the 12 is great bike!

I can’t speak for a stock 09 but I went and picked up a Pro Circuit 09 last June from one of the racers and when I was there talking to the team mechanic he told me that the 09 was the best carb bike Kawasaki made. He said that Kawasaki had budget issues after the 09 that made them go “cheap” on the design and that they never considered the 2010 as good a bike. Just telling you what he said. I also spoke to Victor Sheldon who did the test ride for one of the magazines and he said it was the best carb bike he had ever been on.

I love the bike other than I still kick it into neutral going from 1st to 2nd like I did on my 06 but maybe that is me. Turning is great but then it’s a full Pro Circuit bike. I like the bike so much I am going to get another PC 09 next week from the same rider.

Please share some of the visable PC works secrets????????? I am not very good but I have noticed one thing on any bike (yes I know its been said before) TIRES keep a set! I just spent 3hrs putting on a set of 403-404 on my crf450 and the tires on it where just showing a little round, can almost say night and day differance!

One thing I do to get one HP out of any of my bikes is I cut all the carb hoses in half so they don't hang it just makes the bike faster (joking) I just don't like the look!

Waiting on some PC secrets???????

I can’t speak for a stock 09 but I went and picked up a Pro Circuit 09 last June from one of the racers and when I was there talking to the team mechanic he told me that the 09 was the best carb bike Kawasaki made. He said that Kawasaki had budget issues after the 09 that made them go “cheap” on the design and that they never considered the 2010 as good a bike. Just telling you what he said. I also spoke to Victor Sheldon who did the test ride for one of the magazines and he said it was the best carb bike he had ever been on.

I love the bike other than I still kick it into neutral going from 1st to 2nd like I did on my 06 but maybe that is me. Turning is great but then it’s a full Pro Circuit bike. I like the bike so much I am going to get another PC 09 next week from the same rider.

See, I duno I find it hard to believe that the 09 is better then the 2010 in stock form.. I might under stand that kawi didn't help PC out as much in 2010 as 09 so the amount of money Mitch had to put into the 2009 might have been more thus being slightly better how ever I still don't see that.. but hey what ever haha

The 10 did lose the titanium exhaust (to expensive) did lose the radiator's I would think the 10 is better b/c doesn't need brace, BUT Correct me if I am wrong (cant track it down/ between wet and dry) the 2010 gained weight! I really like the way the 09 fells on the track but have no 2010 to compare and my next bike I am looking at is a different make just to keep things FUN! Today going to be a perfect day for the track as was yesterday so I will go make some laps and work on away to put-up a timer! I will stay away from the 450's b/c they KILL my elbows!!!!!! Anyone have the same problem or is it just being 45?

Still no PC secrets?????

Oh if you like the 2010's that's cool i don't have one to compare to but I know they have to be great machines!

Keep riding and smiling!

So all hope is lost on the elbows? I have been taken bio-flex but doesn't fell any better in the bows but I swear the other joints feel good! Maybe it's the wine!

I have a couple of 450's honda and Yamaha both older than 09 so I am eyeing the new yz450 with the backwards motor I was told if you are good(not me) it will make you great! NOW THAT WILL SALE ME A BIKE!

OFF subject; to anyone that has been reading MX magazines did you remember when yamaha made the frist 4 stoke and the magazines told us it the most perfect bike you will ever ride and everyone must own ONE! Well now we do and we are being told that the 4"s are really not that good and you need to get-out and buy yourself a 2 stroke! I know now WHO"S being STROKED! I own a 04 kaw (love the low end) and a 05 Zook (crazy power all or nothing) I would not ride them after getting use to the heavy front end of a 4.

Just my 2 cents not hating the 2stoke bike and it maybe my age and the love of motor braking!

So all hope is lost on the elbows? I have been taken bio-flex but doesn't fell any better in the bows but I swear the other joints feel good! Maybe it's the wine!

I have a couple of 450's honda and Yamaha both older than 09 so I am eyeing the new yz450 with the backwards motor I was told if you are good(not me) it will make you great! NOW THAT WILL SALE ME A BIKE!

OFF subject; to anyone that has been reading MX magazines did you remember when yamaha made the frist 4 stoke and the magazines told us it the most perfect bike you will ever ride and everyone must own ONE! Well now we do and we are being told that the 4"s are really not that good and you need to get-out and buy yourself a 2 stroke! I know now WHO"S being STROKED! I own a 04 kaw (love the low end) and a 05 Zook (crazy power all or nothing) I would not ride them after getting use to the heavy front end of a 4.

Just my 2 cents not hating the 2stoke bike and it maybe my age and the love of motor braking!

"the 1998 Yamaha YZ400F purrs like a kitten and roars like a lion". I remember that stuff too... I´ve been ´consistently on 4-strokes since late 2006 and have not yet had one serious problem with an engine. All I know is I´ve been a lot faster, more consistant and had more fun!

See, I duno I find it hard to believe that the 09 is better then the 2010 in stock form.. I might under stand that kawi didn't help PC out as much in 2010 as 09 so the amount of money Mitch had to put into the 2009 might have been more thus being slightly better how ever I still don't see that.. but hey what ever haha

i dont see why you think the 2010 is so much better? it got a box bridged piston and some thicker transmission gears. big whoop? the 09 piston was fine to begin with anyways:ride:

i dont see why you think the 2010 is so much better? it got a box bridged piston and some thicker transmission gears. big whoop? the 09 piston was fine to begin with anyways:ride:

I never said it was "so much" better.. I just can not see that someone would say that the 09 was "so much" better then the 10...

there was mention that the 10 lost the TI exhaust header.. Umm the weight diff is maybe an ounce or so.. but hey doesn't matter truly.. I don't own an 09 or 2010.. I have an 07 and a 2011 and I love not having a carb in my 2011.. I don't ride the 07 any more so what do I care hahaha...

I never said it was "so much" better.. I just can not see that someone would say that the 09 was "so much" better then the 10...

there was mention that the 10 lost the TI exhaust header.. Umm the weight diff is maybe an ounce or so.. but hey doesn't matter truly.. I don't own an 09 or 2010.. I have an 07 and a 2011 and I love not having a carb in my 2011.. I don't ride the 07 any more so what do I care hahaha...

oh okay i missunderstood. the TI header means nothing and the motor is basically un changed. its really the same bike. the 2011 has a horse or two less but the power is more useable and easier to use. makes a difference. i personally like my 10' better than my buddies 11' that i rode