Sign in to follow this  

Anybody seen this spring for the AP Mod?

Check this out, it was recommended to me, so when I do the AP Mod, I don't have to use an O ring or safety wire to wire the 2 parts together.. What do you guys think about using this?:lol:

http://www.mergeracing.com/products/AcceleratorPumpSpring.php

Installation instructions...

http://www.mergeracing.com/install/APS_Instructions.pdf

Does the 07 even need the AP mod? If so the o-ring is available at a hardware store, do a search for the correct size

Yes it does, it still has the bog, bad. Well everyone's telling me I need to do it. I'm actually about to do it here in the next few hours after I ride. I'll let you know how it goes!

Does the 07 even need the AP mod? If so the o-ring is available at a hardware store, do a search for the correct size

What kind of o ring, size, etc? Theres an ACE Hardware right down the road from the house, I'll go there later!.

The two O-Rings used in the AP mod are sized as follows:

Small O-Ring

W=1/16" ID=1/4" OD=3/8"

Large O-Ring

W=3/32" ID=1/4" OD=7/16"

Still bogging, What else have you done to it?

I just got the bike, so I've only pulled the pink wire. I didn't wanna do anything else, except the ap mod, until my JD Jet kit comes in. I was told i'll need to rejet after doin the airbox and baffle/tip.. Thanks for the sizes. I can just get these at a hardware store right?

I just got the bike, so I've only pulled the pink wire. I didn't wanna do anything else, except the ap mod, until my JD Jet kit comes in. I was told i'll need to rejet after doin the airbox and baffle/tip.. Thanks for the sizes. I can just get these at a hardware store right?

Edited by GoonSquadRMZ450

I did not see your other thread on the bog until after my last post nor did I read all of it.

IMHO - Save you money on the Boysen, buy the JD kit and do the CCC mods. You will be a happy red rider!

Never did the AR/oring mod, never had a bog problem. I rejetted when I bought the bike (08).

I would do the jetting first. If you do too much at once it can get confusing.

That sounds like a good idea. I think I should do the air box, pink wire, and remove the baffle (add tip) and JD jet. If the JD kit doesn't solve the bog, then I'll try the Ap mod. I don't see why the jetting wouldn't fix the bog anyway...

I've read and been told that the AP mod was done stock on the 07's.. It says it on the Ramsey report about the difference in the 06's and 07's..

I done the ap mod to my bike first before any rejetting was done.Worked well still a tiny bog (ON THE STAND) but not rideing.Im about sea level here in uk and run a 42p, and 160main and one clip up.With all my mods done makes for a very strong motor:smirk:

Just do the ap mod first, its so easy and work for me.Also if you go on the crf only site they have a thread on every persons setup and mods and jets used and sea level,so you can work out what jets you need instead of wasting your money on jet kit:bonk:Fella jetting is a age old question we have all asked and theres hundreds of the same answers out there:banghead:JD kits are for people that dont want to take the so called risk of useing jets that hundreds of people have in there bikes, for the risk it wont work for them:p

Thats what I'm thinking, just get a 42p, 150, 155, 160 main, and move the clips and fuels screw. I guess it doesnt hurt to play w/ a few diff mains. Everyone seems to agree on a 42p!

Thats what I'm thinking, just get a 42p, 150, 155, 160 main, and move the clips and fuels screw. I guess it doesnt hurt to play w/ a few diff mains. Everyone seems to agree on a 42p!

Like i said fella,go on (crf only) and look at the thread with everyones setups.Someone will DEFF have the same as you at or very close to ur sea level,and use the same jets.Its that simple REALLY.Hell thats what its there for.Naw crack on and tell us what everyone with ur setup is useing:ride:

Like i said fella,go on (crf only) and look at the thread with everyone's setups.Someone will DEFF have the same as you at or very close to ur sea level,and use the same jets.Its that simple REALLY.Hell that's what its there for.Naw crack on and tell us what everyone with ur setup is using:ride:

Cool thx. I went on there last-night and cut and pasted some good set ups, that were the that?!

Can I buy that separate as well?? Oh well, I'm ordering jets. 42p 155-165 looks like the magic number on the main, 5 clip positions and thats it!

Cool thx. I went on there last-night and cut and pasted some good set ups, that were the that?!

Can I buy that separate as well?? Oh well, I'm ordering jets. 42p 155-165 looks like the magic number on the main, 5 clip positions and thats it!

You have lost me on this post?But yes if there the jets most people useing with ur same stup at ur sea level go for them:thumbsup:Try the ap mod first though,and make sure the bike is nice and warm before you start blipping the throttle.As i said mine has tiny bog on stand still but not out on the track remember that.This way you wont confuse yourself:thumbsup:I was like you fella asked loads of questions not really sure what i was doing,but used my nogging and went with what the mass have used,and worked ot spot on:smirk:O if you search on here under (cam and jetting)there is a thread i started, and there is a utube clip of haw to tune the ap mod perfect:thumbsup: