Sign in to follow this  

2010 KTM 450 EXC scheduled maintenance

Does anyone have a maintenance schedule for 2010 KTM 450 EXC? This is the same bike for 2008 and 2009 I believe as well.

Mine has 110 hours on it and I want to go over it very well over the winter. I have a friend helping me that is a great mechanic, he just never worked on KTM's before.

Should I put a piston in it? Is there a shim kit that I should purchase for the valves?

thanks,

Just realized KTM doesn't use shims for the valves. I also found lots of information for RFS engines. But this is the new engine. Not RFS. -Thanks,

Check the valves and adjust if needed. You have a long way to go before its piston time. Change the oil every 12-15 hours and install the air filter right (NO GAPS) and your bike will be fine.

Just realized KTM doesn't use shims for the valves.

The '08 and newer bike do use shims, unlike the earlier RFS engine which doesn't.

The '08 and newer bike do use shims, unlike the earlier RFS engine which doesn't.

X2. I agree that you shouldn't need a piston yet, or even rings, but if you want to be thorough do a compression check. After checking/adjusting your valve clearance.

thanks guys. So much to learn, but it's fun. Can anyone recommend a guage/compression tester that works well and where I can get one?