Sign in to follow this  

2 stroke jetting. different silencer? diff jetting?

I recently purchased an 03 rm125 for my daughter.It had been sitting up for a couple yrs. It has a procircuit platnum pipe and a type 296 spark arrestor.It came with a 51 pilot and 480 main and only ran at wot. Procircuit support site says 37.5/440 . But will the Type 296 spark arrestor change any of that.

The sparky might make run a tad richer than an open silencer. Shouldn't be a huge difference. Try PC's recommendation and see. Has anything been changed besides the pipe?

Nothing else has been changed. I am ordering the Pro Circuit recamended pilot and main today as well as a base gasket and power valve gasket. I plan on checkin out the piston and cleaning the power valve and i am hoping the boysen reeds that i had bought for her 04 rm 125 will work on her 03. The 04 was stolen.

I have always used Pro Circuits jetting specs as a base line for my stuff. It is the best you can go off of in my opinion, its pretty darn close.

Nothing else has been changed. I am ordering the Pro Circuit recamended pilot and main today as well as a base gasket and power valve gasket. I plan on checkin out the piston and cleaning the power valve and i am hoping the boysen reeds that i had bought for her 04 rm 125 will work on her 03. The 04 was stolen.

the reeds will fit :lol: