Sign in to follow this  

New Baja Designs Squadron LED Motorcycle Light

Our Squadron motorcycle light is the next generation of LED lighting. The Squadron is designed specifically for aggressive night-time riding by combining amazing distance projection, wide peripheral spread and a smooth light pattern. This light utilizes four CREE XML LEDs - the brightest, most efficient LEDs on the market to give you a blinding 3600 lumens. Not only is the Squadron the brightest LED light on the market, but it also only draws 3.6 amps. If you’re looking for the ultimate in LED lighting for your motorcycle the Baja Designs Squadron is your answer!

Features & Specifications:

Waterproof, submersible to 3 meters

Hard-coated, polycarbonate lens

Lifetime warranty

Total lumens: 3600

Housing: billet-machined housing with stainless steel fasteners and mounts

Front Lens: hard-coated polycarbonate

Power consumption: 44 watts

Uses four T6 bin CREE XML LEDs at 5000K

25,000 hour LED life expectancy

3.069in x 3.313in x 2.765in light fixture dimensions

24oz net weight (light fixture, headlight shell, mount kit combined)

IMGP6759.jpg

IMGP6765.JPG

Nice!!! I was just thinking it is getting dark outside much too quickly. Time to pull out the helmet light. This might compliment it nicely. How does this compare to a Diablo or a Tecate? I have my 8 inch sitting in the garage, but don't like it for tight woods riding. (Bought it for Baja). I can feel that weight up front a bit too much in the singletrack.

This light compares very close to the Diablo HID Race Light. It has a wide peripheral and good distance. This light I would recommend for trail riding or technical single track. Its much brighter than a HID light lumen comparison HID is 3200 lumens and Squadron LED M/C Light is 3600 lumens. Feel Free to Pm Me for Thumpertalk forum member discounts.

Sweet. I will PM you. Thanks for providing the spec. That's what I was wondering. Quite a bit lighter in weight than the Diablo too. The new light is only 24oz ?? 1.5lbs ??The Diablo is 3.75lbs according to your site. Sounds like this is the new way to go.

Edited by smithpa68

I know this light is not road legal, nor I expect ever intended to be: but is there a way to fake a low beam, so one can get home at night.

Police here are pretty reasonable with Enduro marginally legal bikes, but meeting a patrol car head on at night might raise an eyebrow. Once one stirs the pot, the conversation can ramp up.

Bokrijder

I know this light is not road legal, nor I expect ever intended to be: but is there a way to fake a low beam, so one can get home at night.

Police here are pretty reasonable with Enduro marginally legal bikes, but meeting a patrol car head on at night might raise an eyebrow. Once one stirs the pot, the conversation can ramp up.

Bokrijder

Here is a image of the Squadron with our Tecate bracket mount system. You will get a more adjustment with this set up so you can aim the light more towards the ground so it ain't blinding on coming traffic! :lol:

Squadron w Tecates for mc <a href='https://thumpertalk.com/link/click/4841/' rel='nofollow' data-ipsHover-target='https://thumpertalk.com/index.php?app=autolink&module=links&controller=content&id=4841' data-ipsHover target='_blank' rel='noopener' data-autoLink>manual.</a>JPG

led typically dont burn out unless the heatsink was designed wrong

almost indestructible, long life, and low power usage, they will be everywhere soon

I like it.

Anything to go wrong other than bulbs burning out?

If one, two or three bulbs burn out does it still work fine?

thanks.

If one LED bulb goes out the remaining three will still work :lol:

Looks like a nice light! Kept my riding partner out a little late one day and se said we need to get lights! And I showed her the pics and she likes the design too! Will have to ge a couple of these.

If one LED bulb goes out the remaining three will still work :lol:

Is this unit equipped with it's own voltage, current and thermal regulation? Is the PC circuit potted or conformal coated?

Thank You.

Looks like a nice light! Kept my riding partner out a little late one day and se said we need to get lights! And I showed her the pics and she likes the design too! Will have to ge a couple of these.

:lol: Shoot me a Pm when your ready to buy a couple we do offer TT forum member pricing :)

Is this unit equipped with it's own voltage, current and thermal regulation? Is the PC circuit potted or conformal coated?

Thank You.

Hi Ud-Luz here are specs i have regarding the Squadron LED light

Squadron Specifications

3600 Lumens

340 grams, 0.75 pounds

Measures 3” x 3” x 2.76 Deep

Uses four T6 Bin Cree XML LEDs at 5000K

44 watts power draw (3.1 amps at 12 volts, 1.6 amps at 24 volts)

11-32 Volts Power Input

92% Electronic Driver Efficiency

Available in three configurations, Spot, Driving and Wide using precision in house designed optics.

Uses active Thermal Management to maintain LED temperature within defined operating limits. Automatically reduces LED power when there is inadequate airflow to maintain proper operating temperatures.

Single Layer Solid Core Copper Circuit Boards with copper vias and high performance thermal prepreg give industry best thermal transfer; important for getting the highest performance and long life from high power LED’s.

Estimated LED life: 25,000 hours

Billet Machined housing, hard coated polycarbonate lens, stainless steel fasteners and mounts.

IP68 Water Proof, Submersible to 3 meters

Lifetime Warranty