Sign in to follow this  

New Baja Designs Squadron LED Motorcycle Light

Our Squadron motorcycle light is the next generation of LED lighting. The Squadron is designed specifically for aggressive night-time riding by combining amazing distance projection, wide peripheral spread and a smooth light pattern. This light utilizes four CREE XML LEDs - the brightest, most efficient LEDs on the market to give you a blinding 3600 lumens. Not only is the Squadron the brightest LED light on the market, but it also only draws 3.6 amps. If you’re looking for the ultimate in LED lighting for your motorcycle the Baja Designs Squadron is your answer!

Features & Specifications:

Waterproof, submersible to 3 meters

Hard-coated, polycarbonate lens

Lifetime warranty

Total lumens: 3600

Housing: billet-machined housing with stainless steel fasteners and mounts

Front Lens: hard-coated polycarbonate

Power consumption: 44 watts

Uses four T6 bin CREE XML LEDs at 5000K

25,000 hour LED life expectancy

3.069in x 3.313in x 2.765in light fixture dimensions

24oz net weight (light fixture, headlight shell, mount kit combined)

I knew if I waited long enough someone would come up with a light I'd like, and it be LED to use the stock stator.

I'll definitely check that out.

I knew if I waited long enough someone would come up with a light I'd like, and it be LED to use the stock stator.

I'll definitely check that out.

According to their website, the 250X and 450x would still need a rewind.

For Electric-Start Bikes: Some electric-start bikes require the stator to be modified or rewound as well as the addition of a new rectifier/regulator to run LED lights. If your bike requires a new rectifier/regulator please order part # 12-2004 with your racelight and the correct rectifier/regulator for your bike will be included (please provide year/make/model of bike). Detailed stator modification instructions & hardware is included for all bikes that require a stator modification to run LED lights. If your bike requires the stator to be rewound (such as CRF250X & 450X's), please call Baja Designs for an order confirmation number to have this service performed. Please see the Stator Kits & Rewinding category for more details.

NOTE: Electric start bikes that require stator modification or rewinding will require the purchase of the switch & wiring harness kit (#61-1049 $39.95). This is because you cannot use the stock wiring harness for lighting after any stator modification. The application chart specifies which bikes do not need the switch & wiring harness kit.

According to their website, the 250X and 450x would still need a rewind.

Yea, just saw the amps and jumped too quickly, guess there's just no getting around a rewind.

Yea, just saw the amps and jumped too quickly, guess there's just no getting around a rewind.

It does seem to be the best looking, IMO, aftermarket light available to us YET. You would think somebody would make a light like this to drop into the stock 450x shell.

Seems like there is enough market out there to do so. Or... maybe not?

It does seem to be the best looking, IMO, aftermarket light available to us YET. You would think somebody would make a light like this to drop into the stock 450x shell.

S10rick you nailed it right on the head. As we speak we are currently working on installing the Squadron LED light into the stock OEM head light shell for the CRF450X. It's coming soon so periodically check our website for new products releases. This light is amazing. Feel Free to Pm Me for Thumpertalk forum member pricing. :lol:

• Like 1

You would think somebody would make a light like this to drop into the stock 450x shell.

+1!

All the goofy "stealth" shaped shells don't do it for me. If I could get just the light for around $200-$250.... Even if I had to cut/modify the OEM shell a bit I'd be happy.

+1!

All the goofy "stealth" shaped shells don't do it for me. If I could get just the light for around $200-$250.... Even if I had to cut/modify the OEM shell a bit I'd be happy.

I will keep you updated as we go along. This project should be wrapped up with in the weeks :lol:

3600 lumens, minimal weight, stock headlight shell........

DING DING DING! WINNER.

I'm not sure why no one has done this already. There have been incredible mountain bike lights out for years now running the cree LED's. On batteries no less.

I think this would be plenty of light if you happen to get stuck on trail when the sun sets, and you could leave the unit on all the time, unlike the larger 8" headlight set ups.

This will be in my short list of things to pick up when it comes out.

S10rick you nailed it right on the head. As we speak we are currently working on installing the Squadron LED light into the stock OEM head light shell for the CRF450X. It's coming soon so periodically check our website for new products releases. This light is amazing. Feel Free to Pm Me for Thumpertalk forum member pricing. :lol:

Very nice Baja Designs!!! :):thumbsup::banghead:

So... who wants to break the news to the Mrs.? :smirk::smirk:

She is gonna be pissed:foul::cheers::busted:

Edited by s10rick

Very nice Baja Designs!!! :lol::thumbsup::)

So... who wants to break the news to the Mrs.? :smirk::smirk:

She is gonna be pissed:foul::cheers::busted:

Tell Mrs. it's for Safety precautions for riding at Night! She'll understand :banghead:

Tell Mrs. it's for Safety precautions for riding at Night! She'll understand :banghead:

That's how I bought the 450x (Needed a safe and reliable bike so I wouldn't get stranded in the middle of the dez)

Also how I got my Leatt neck brace...

And... how could we forget the AS Racing Suspension that I needed to keep from crashing all the time.:lol:

Then there was the new tires I needed cause the ones I had just wouldn't hold a line (very unsafe)

Oh yeah. THEN I needed a Go Pro, for when all the crap fails and I dump it anyway :smirk::smirk: so at least we can all watch and laugh about it later.:foul:

I needed Handguards, Rad Guards, Bash Plates, to make sure the new X stayed reliable back when I bought it.

It never ends, and I think she is finally catching on. :)

By the time I'm done sneaking everything by her in the name of safety it will be time to buy a new bike and start all over!!:cheers::banana:

s10Rick,

just PM the wife's phone number over to Diego, he'll work the deal.

That dude is smooth.

That right there is classic!! :lol:

Diego Land

The trail tech extreme is a great light, its just heavy and draws allot of power, 95 watts I used it for 2 years, i recently switched to an 8" HID race light,

I would like to se how this LED stacks up. the weight savings is nice but when your racing at night the more light the better.

Is it too early to send in a check? NEED one of these for stock headlight set up!

Will it have a hi/low beam option for the rare trips on street at night?

PM sent.

Randy