Sign in to follow this  

Rm 250 needs more power

Help this thing is slow. When i first bought it at the beginning of the year it was pretty quick and now its just plain slow i dont understand it. Had carb rebuilt my mechanic installed bigger jets

and that helped a little but im looking for more. Thinking i should just buy a 450. Any ideas

I do more tracks than anything so i changed to a 50t rear sprocket and kept the 13t front. That got rid of the bogging down low. Other than that the main jet, expansion chamber, & exhaust. We did change the powervalve (and the valve behind the case either side on the head and that gave sh!tloads more power. It will pop the wheel 1, 2, 3, and if your sitting back a little further than normal 4th.

I do more tracks than anything so i changed to a 50t rear sprocket and kept the 13t front. That got rid of the bogging down low. Other than that the main jet, expansion chamber, & exhaust. We did change the powervalve (and the valve behind the case either side on the head and that gave sh!tloads more power. It will pop the wheel 1, 2, 3, and if your sitting back a little further than normal 4th.

wow your bike sounds fast! what year is your RM250?

Help this thing is slow. When i first bought it at the beginning of the year it was pretty quick and now its just plain slow i dont understand it. Had carb rebuilt my mechanic installed bigger jets

and that helped a little but im looking for more. Thinking i should just buy a 450. Any ideas

What year RM250 are we talking about??

Also, installing larger jets will not make your bike faster. In many cases just installing larger jets will actually make your bike slower. But before we get too deep how about listing what modifications you've done so far? Also, by sending your cylinder and head off to Eric Gorr and having him install a 300 kit with his "more every where" port job you will be pushing almost as much power as a 450. If you wanted to run race gas he can bump the compression and actually produce more power than a 450.

And the best part of it all is that a 300 kit will run you less than $700 and that's way cheaper than any 450.

wow your bike sounds fast! what year is your RM250?

its a 99-00 model. i cant ride that well but scares the sh!t outa me sometimes lol - in a good way tho.

maybe check your reed valves aswell. After a clean the bike did go harder by memory. More crisp under throtte