Sign in to follow this  

Jetting Frustrations! 02 300 MXC

Can't nail it down and starting to get frustrated :)

Current Setup:

02 300 MXC, no mods (that I'm aware of)

Carb: PWK 38

PJ: 42

Main: 172

Needle: CEK, #2 clip Pos. (recently changed this out from R-1469-J)

A.S. : 1 1/4-1 1/2

Elevation: 500 to 3500 feet

Temps: low 20's to mid 50's (winter)

Tight gnarlie single track, 1st & 2nd gear mostly.

I want this bike to lift the front wheel when I need it, it will do it in 1st, but 2nd gear it just isn't there, bike sounds like BoooooooWhaaaa.

Hold the booo for about 2 seconds then hit the Whaa that's what it's like, bog then the power kicks in, once the power kicks in it's great but I want to get the Boo out of it. The tight nasty stuff I ride I don't have the time for Booo to kick out, I need the Whaa right now.

Thinking about going to the 40 pilot but don't want to run it lean an seize it up, any thoughts are appreciated :lol:

Is the power valve clean? and what color powervalve spring do you have in it? A red spring would make it hit hard on the bottom.

Yes, the power valve is clean, I haven't taken it apart to check or clean it, but watching the actuator on the left side of the motor I can see it moving in response to the throttle, there is a slight (milliseconds) delay but it's moving.

I don't think this year had the changable spring, believe it to be stock.

I should also add that I have the acuator screw turned all the way out (left) flush against the housing.

I'm currently fighting the flu so can't run to the garage to check things very often but please keep the suggestions coming.

Check it, It looks to have the same spring set up as all of the 300's