Sign in to follow this  

handling questions

Having a little trouble adapting to the handling on my 11 wr300. What sag are you guys running. I am mainly having problems in the faster sand wash type stuff. I set the race sag at 105 and put the forks at the 2nd mark from the top (was about 3/8 below that mark). This is basically where I had my Kawi 450 at and was confident. Originally forks were further through the triple clamps and the race sag was about 115. I was getting a push then it would knife in. It felt like not enough sag. I was surprised when I actually checked it. I rode it in unfamiliar territory this last weekend so I can't say for sure but it seems like I got rid of the knifing, but still pushing and just missing a lot of turns. The new setting helped some but holy cow did I notice the notice the increase in seat height. My butt is to close to the sidewalk for this. :lol: What are your opinions on the stock tires?

Fork sag should be about 40mm static and 75mm rider sag. Shock sag should be 30-35mm static and 100-103mm rider sag. The Husky only has 11.6" of travel (295). 115mm would be for a KTM with 13.2" of travel or 335mm. Stock tires are not bad. I use the Pirelli Scorpion Pro FIM front tire and the MT16 rear (120/100X18) or the MXtra in the 110/100X18 or 120/100X18.

Dwight is correct. He helped me with my WR250 with the sag and spring rates. Total different bike and carves like butter.

Thanks for the info. I never thought about checking the fork sag. With the rear at 105 race I get a static of 28 1/2 so I need a stiffer spring. Going to half to make do for a little while.

Thanks for the info. I never thought about checking the fork sag. With the rear at 105 race I get a static of 28 1/2 so I need a stiffer spring. Going to half to make do for a little while.

I had to go from a 5kg to a 6kg on my WR150. I weigh about 180lbs naked.

Dwight

Have to go by total weight, dressed, boots all the protective gear, fanny pak, water bladder,full tank of gas.

This is the max weight and go from there.

Later George