Sign in to follow this  

Tusk clutch kit 2002 CR250

These kits are cheap. I bought one from RockyMountain.

New clutches, all steel plates, and heavy duty springs.

Seems like good quality parts.

Installed it in my 2005 CR250R, no issues.

Have about 4 rides on them, no issues. They work great.

Not sure about abuse or durability, but they should last awhile.

Good kit, cheap price. I like it.

clutch kits are great deals.

but I run the stock OEM springs in them. I dont trust aftermarket cheap springs, especially EBC units.

I run a tusk clutch kit paired with my Rekluse, the autoclutch abuses the crap out of the clutch. It works great so far, some plates are showing heat stress. Not bad considering the abuse my bike takes... The clutch will be toast and need to be replaced near the end of the season prob. It's cheap and works.

anyone using one? great deal on an auction site, thought I might try it.

They are solid and cheap and come with steel clutch plates so the little bits of aluminum aren't in the oil like before. I put cr 500 springs tusk clutch on my cr. It's a little stiffer but I just got used to it. I ride technical stuff and I use my clutch alot more than open trails. My clutch gets abused at times. I have used tusk clutches on my cr multiple times. The oem went pretty fast on the cr then I used the tusk and it lasted super long and it was so cheap. I changed it out again out of guilt. My Beta 525 also needed a new clutch and I bought a tusk clutch for that (same as ktm rfs motor from 2009 and before) I take my Beta in super gnarly stuff that I originally said I wouldn't do and abuse that thing. I have another tusk clutch waiting in the wings and will change it out ahead of time(out of guilt again) soon. Check rockymountainmc for tusk clutch prices as the price may not be that much of a deal on ebay. It would suck to spend more on the auction site when you could get it cheaper from the company.:lol: tusk tusk tusk the generic alternative that works well to me.

RM gives you free shipping but cons you into buying $99 worth of stuff. I hate that site. :lol:

They had some super specials this time but I know what you mean. You have to be disciplined to buy what you need . I scored a very nice shift helmet for $25!!!!It was going to be a gift but now it's mine!!! a good one brand xl glove for #2.99 I bought some tusk tire wrenches that were marked down, a one very nice elbow padded jersey for mid teen prices where it goes for close to $40 and an 0 ring chain for mid $50 plus bucks. ..also there were progressive discounts for my next order. I'll get $20 credit in my next order. I saved a ton of money..just have to make sure you need what you buy

We buy 90% of our stuff from Rocky Mountain because they are so easy to deal with. Customer Service is great. I usually just wait if I can until I have $100.00 worth of stuff to take advantage of the free shipping.. I've spent close to $5,000.00 worth from them this this year alone, and they give you cash back, as well as discounts on future orders. I have several Tusk brand tools that are half the price as others and work just as well..

I also cant say enough about tusk and rocky mountain atv.. They are the best in the buisness for sure.. Example i had last month. I live in bermuda so it costs me alot for shipping. I brought tusk radiators and although they were excellent quality, they just wouldn't fit on my bike. So i took pics and told them i would ship them back and the reimburse me for the shipping and radiators.. they told me to keep the radiators and they sent me new oem radiators free of charge. I dont know any other company that would do that and i will continue to support them. alwlays thought they were just atv and offroad but i can find everything i need there.. they set the standard for sure.

thanks for all the feedback. i have also been happy buying directly from them. i ended up buying their clutch kit with heavy duty springs for $47 with tax and shipping, hard to pass up. should be a good ride this weekend.

I got those gloves, the tire, and now that Fox hydration pack. I'm a RM bargain junkie. :lol:

I was so sick I missed that $25 tire!!That's a good tire for around here. I usually list my stuff in my cart and not buy it right away. I go drink coffee or do something else...rethink.. and come back and go through it again to not buy extra stuff that I do not need. When I did this the tire became sold out!!!!! That's one of the loss leaders that I was going to take advantage of but Oh well I still scored .:)