Sign in to follow this  

my new 2011 YZ 250 2t

http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/g375/aledh6580/?action=view&current=yz2502011.jpg?action=view&current=yz2502011.jpg

Hope You like it ! i love it , sold the previous '10 and bought this with really low hours .

Full Custom Graphics

White Plastics Kit

Renthal Twinwall 996 Bend

Acerbis Handguards

37oz Flywheel

wr 250f rear wheel 18''

Full WR Gearbox 1-5

Acerbis 11.5ltr Tank

Ricochet Racing Sump guard

Acerbis Chain guide and chainslider

Magura Hydraulic clutch for RMZ 450 modded to fit

Talon Wide Footpegs

10mm Carb Spacer

FMF Gnarly Front pipe and inner ring/lip removed from silencer

13/50 gearing

RK X Ring Chain

Revalved Suspension with one 4.0 and one 4.4 fork springs in front and 5.2 rear

YZF 2010 Style frond mudguard

Edited by aled
no picture

Very nice, but I think you need to ditch the red handguards and get white or maybe blue ones to match the rest of the bike.

Are the airbox panels white plastic, or are they the OEM ones covered with white stickers?

They are just stickers over the airbox :lol: the redhandguards! ha .. everyone gives me abuse for them , i just fancied a change, have and identical set of blue ones so might try them on!

Very nice, but I think you need to ditch the red handguards and get white or maybe blue ones to match the rest of the bike.

Are the airbox panels white plastic, or are they the OEM ones covered with white stickers?

the fashion police over here :lol: nice scoot man!!

37oz Flywheel on YZ250 ??

that's the whole flywheel not a 37oz fly wheel weight!! must be like the gytr weighted flywheel.....37oz total.

Thank you all! White handguards would be nice! .. ye 37oz is complete flywheel ,it's a custom ,modified standard flywheel with extra weight distributed over and on front of the flywheel ,basically as much weight as you could fit there specially over the flywheel as it moves the weight closer to the crank .

When David Knight rode a yz 250 in wec competition he had his crank weighted with tungsten inserts , it may sound real heavy but my brothers standard flywheel on his KTM 150XC weighd 32oz!

One on my best riding buddies always whites out his bike. He's carzy too. :lol:

He's the guy on the clean white bike. I'm the guy, who's been there for several minutes :), on the dirty black one.

I am so very confused. The title says brand new 2011 but the bike has the old school steel frame? I mean my 98 cr has aluminum so what's the deal here?

I've heard they still make yz125's but they do not make brand new 250 2 strokes anymore right? Bike looks good though. White plastics are perfect on a yam. Bout to do them on my cr I think.

Is the WR250f rear rim 1.85 wide or 2.15 (it should be stamped in the rim)?

If it is the thinner size, what tyre width do you have on it?

I see more of the thinner rims for sale over here in Oz (and at much cheaper prices), but I've been hesitant about getting one in case the standard width tyre won't fit - I get enough wheelspin already without taking any more rubber away :lol:

Its is an alloy frame! how does it look like steel?!:lol: they still make 125 and 250 2t yamaha's new, i should say new to me ,as bike had approx 20hours on before i done all the mods.

pdunlop- not sure , 2.15 i think ,don't quote me tho will check tonight, you'll be fine with a thinner tyre on a bigger rim width ,i have done it with no problems.

I would have bought a 450f rim but tbh i found this one brand new off a 250f for £150 so i thought what the hell.

I am so very confused. The title says brand new 2011 but the bike has the old school steel frame? I mean my 98 cr has aluminum so what's the deal here?

I've heard they still make yz125's but they do not make brand new 250 2 strokes anymore right? Bike looks good though. White plastics are perfect on a yam. Bout to do them on my cr I think.

thats an aluminum framed 2011 yz250 and yes yamaha made both the yz125 / yz250 for 2012. swing a leg over one and you'll understnad why they havent changed in 6 years....they are that good.

Thank you all! White handguards would be nice! .. ye 37oz is complete flywheel ,it's a custom ,modified standard flywheel with extra weight distributed over and on front of the flywheel ,basically as much weight as you could fit there specially over the flywheel as it moves the weight closer to the crank .

When David Knight rode a yz 250 in wec competition he had his crank weighted with tungsten inserts , it may sound real heavy but my brothers standard flywheel on his KTM 150XC weighd 32oz!

thats cool. whats years did knighter race a yz? i'd love to see that.

I think from 2002-2004, he rode for ufo corse yamaha italian team before switching to KTM , think around 2003 he was definetly on the yz250 .

Very nice, enjoy! Wondering about the silencer inner ring/lip removed thing. Do all silencers have this lip and what is the benefit of removing it?

Jason Raines told me about that one, sound a bit crisper , bit like putting a fmf powercore 2 on your bike,opens up the diameter of hole so makes a bit more noise. If you look inside you'll see if you have it or not.Only a thin ring of steel.Sticking up bout 2mm .