Sign in to follow this  

Not Running the Full 100%

So i just got this 2002 Cr250 and it dont feel like to me the power bands are not coming in the full 100% it pulls hard and will pull the front tire in the 1st 3 gears but just does not have that last pop i was hoping for it a 250. i had a ktm 125sx and that thing was wicked thought a 250 would be ever bader but i was wrong. The guy i got it from said a guy just checked the card and the reeds and everything was ok was wondering whatthe factory card is suppose to be set as and im runnin a 32:1 mix anything else you need know just ask thanks for any help

it maybe set up for more low end. a 125, regardless of brand, is high strung to begin with. your power valves maybe sticking, could be running to retarded or to advanced. could have the wrong plug in it. airfilter could be plugged or over oiled. jetting could be off for your elevation. the top end could be going out.

I have a 02 as well and i have noticed the same thing after coming off of my 01 cr125 which was an absolute screamer! Now what i have found out about this bike is the power band with the stock bike is very narrow it has nothing on the bottom a nice hit in the mid and signs off on top. What i would suggest is clean your power valve make sure all the cables on the RC valve are adjusted properly and a compression test probably wouldnt hurt if you havent done these things yet. Also I havent done this yet but i have heard alot of good things about the PWK Airstriker Carb swap. As the TMX carb on the bike is terrible and hard to jet and the airstriker makes a huge difference in the bike.

plug is right air filter i cleaned it didnt make any difference.the guy i got it from lives a hour away should have the same elevtion dont know about top end since its winter i might replace the top end reeds and check the carb my self so i will know whata it doin and the pv value i have no clue about

Maybe you need to put in the orange powerbands, I heard the red ones werent very good!

lol i love ktm wish i would have kept it i would get another one in a minute

sounds as if your carburetor. You pull the carb and clean the main jet, set the floats. while ur in there go thru all clean all and record sizes for further reference.

ok will do and also on the adjust rc value whicj one do i adjust the one with the wavey boot or the other one??

it doesn't feel fast? because mine is like a turbine, kind of electric feeling down low (no discernible "hit") then when it comes on-song it lights up & sprays gravel around.... :lol: and those damn near 10 year old TMX carbs suck! i have 2 and really they're going to become one working carb so I can put off the PWK purchase :)

it doesn't feel fast? because mine is like a turbine, kind of electric feeling down low (no discernible "hit") then when it comes on-song it lights up & sprays gravel around.... :) and those damn near 10 year old TMX carbs suck! i have 2 and really they're going to become one working carb so I can put off the PWK purchase :banghead:

it fast but just dont have that 2 stoke power band i was hoping for i might just go back to a 125 :lol:

ok will do and also on the adjust rc value whicj one do i adjust the one with the wavey boot or the other one??

The one with the wavy boot if you have the RC valve cover off and your looking at it, it is the one on the left.

The one with the wavy boot if you have the RC valve cover off and your looking at it, it is the one on the left.

ok pal thanks i will check it tonight whith the cover on it has about 1" and 1/4 play but i will check it with the cover off also tonight

Ok guys just checked the RC valve everythign seemed tight so when i cranked the bike gave it half gas it moved very slowy i dont know if it is suppose to move like a throttle chable or if it suppose to move slow so let me know what you guys think thanks

I kinda thought most 250 ringdings had a much more gradual powercurve where the 125 ringdings go from no power to full on power in a few hundred RPM. Especially if the bike was set up for low - mid like for woods riding.