Sign in to follow this  

Anyone have a decent rear fender for a 83?

I just received a new DC plastics fender and the thing is garbage. Color is off and its too short to fit the fender patch. How people can get away with making a reproduction that doesnt even fit is beyond me. I thought there would be a few of you that went to a XR or baha fender and might have the stock one laying around. If not Im going to bag the whole stock fender idea and go with something else.

I sold my new Honda "flash red" XL600 rear fender that came with my XL a few months before you joined the site. When I first saw your bike I thought about it and knew you would have wanted it.

I just put an beat up white XR fender on it instead. The bike was just bought for parts but I did set up for friends to ride instead. I took it on one good trail ride and cracked the frame under the engine. It must have had water in it that had froze at some point before I got it and that ride ended it.

I was nice with the XR suspension I have installed on it. :) With the longer shock, correct length link and the short XL swing arm it was a wheelie beast. :banghead:

:lol: