Ok so first I will start with a picture of the bike:

b9ecce80.jpg

Mods:

FMF Fatty

FMF Shorty

V-Force 3 Reeds

Renthal Bars

Questions:

I am getting my suspension done in January or February. Which company should I use? Looking at Factory Connection because I have heard great things about it. But the rebuild is not included with it. Pro-Action includes the rebuild. I am open to suggestions of other companies.

After that I want to get motor work done. I will be using Eric Gorr. But what should I get done Porting or the hole Big Bore? This will be done after March which is my birthday when I turn 16 so I can get a job. Until then I have been washing cars and selling Mangos to pay for bikes, maintenance, and mods. Also is it true that these cylinders can only become a 134. Should I save up and get a big bore stroker?

Finally I want to get the PWK Air Striker with the JD Jetting.

I am planning to turn this bike into an ultra competitive bike to race against 250f's in the 250 class. As I get money I will mod.

Thanks Guys

The above link is probably the best place to start!

I would second the swapping out the forks for a set of CRF forks. You can pick up a set probably for around $250. From there, I would rebuild them yourself to save money and to ensure that the forks are fresh (fresh seals, and oil). After getting a few rides in and figuring out what you like and don't like, you can even tackle revalving the suspension yourself. (If you can get a carb, then you can revalve your suspension). There are plenty of people that can help you out with get a good starting valve stack, particularly theDogger from the CRF450R forums. Learning how to service and revalve your own suspension will save you tons of money in the long run and also allow you to get your suspension PERFECT for you.

I look forward to watching your progress on the bike! I miss my 125's that I have had back in the day. I have been contemplating on picking up a CR125 in a year or two to have fun on.

What year CRF forks should I buy. And that article is very interesting.

I would get it ported, do what mods in that article you can, then get your suspension dialed in. Save the rest for riding/racing. This bike has more potential than most people think. I've also heard the PWK conversion is worth the money (I'm going to try it on my '01). Good luck.

06-07 crf250r would be a easy swap for you and pull the axle back. You will need a new caliper bracket is the only part that would be required.

axle, caliper, clamps, it all swaps.

So 06-07 would be easiest and I need the caliper bracket. Does this mean that the wheels also interchange?