Sign in to follow this  

I have an addiction..bought my 2nd bike in 3 days

5 bikes total now.

Bought a 2005 RMZ250 for....

DRUM ROLL

DRUM ROLL

$320 DOLLARS!

It doesn't run and has no compression, but it isn't seized. Has a brand new FMF full powerbomb pipe!

Photos to come later once I fully survey the damage to this POS.

Hoping to get it cleaned up and running and then sell it and make some bucks.

Now I have a 2008 RMZ450, 2005 RMZ250, 2004 RM125, and 2005 RM250. The full line of Suzuki motocross bikes in the modern era....plus my DRZ400SM.

FWIW, I am not rich by any means, just patient and I shop the market daily for really, really good deals.

Might as well keep it to complete the lineup. lol

Guess I need an 85, 65, and 110 eh?

Or do I just cap it at full size bikes to make my life easier? :lol::banana:

I was at 6 bikes last year....back close to that. Had an Aprilia SXV, 2 RM250s, RMZ450, Yamaha BW80, and DRZ. I guess I still own half of the BW80 so I have 5.5 bikes now, plus a bicycle, and a car and truck...so 21 wheels total.

Keep the full size and maybe a 110 to have fun, but then you might as well get the 65 and 85. Its addicting

Get an 85! one of the funnest little bikes you can buy. I love grabbing my little cousins and doing wheelies and some good whips. I wish i had an 85 of my own,

Awesome deal, I can't wait to see the pictures!

I found a 2003 125sx that just needed a rebuild and some other little things for $400, somebody jumped on it before me though :lol:

FWIW, I am not rich by any means, just patient and I shop the market daily for really, really good deals.

But you may be putting some strain on the budget to get all the bikes in 1st class condition.....

and Yes, I am jealous.....:lol::)

But you may be putting some strain on the budget to get all the bikes in 1st class condition.....

and Yes, I am jealous.....:lol::)

Just patient eBay searching, use of my friend's dealer accounts at various places, as well as freebies from folks who have lots of surplus. Elbow grease doesn't hurt in making aluminum look brand new.

The RM125 I bought will be a quick easy bike to get running well. Cosmetically may take a bit longer, but I will do that next summer when it is warm enough out to scrub parts.

The RMZ is a total turd. Once it is home I will get some photos. There is a chance it ends up back on craigslist if it is too far gone. Given the HUGE amount of bikes being parted out on eBay, I should be into both for around 1500 dollars ready to safely ride. Not bad for a 2004 RM125 and 2005 RMZ250......

It is addicting, I started picking up CR80s and CR85s last year to build for my son. I have the following bikes in my garage:

2005 CR85RB (son's bike, completed project)

2005 CR85R

2005 CR85RB - picked up last night

2004 CR85R - picked up Friday

2003 CR85RB

2002 CR80RB - picked up 2 weeks ago

1997 CR80R

1995 CR80R (came free with another bike)

My wife keeps asking me why I am getting them, I tell her because they are there. I scout craigslist in AZ and drove 3 hours to Phoenix last night to get the one. I get them for between $350 to $600. You just have to be ready to jump when they appear on craigslist!! We are taking some boy scouts riding (they all have some riding experience) this weekend and then I will start selling some off. But it is addicting.

Jim

Gotta say I have a addiction to bikes but id rather have one very tricked out bike. My hats off to ya for getting some killer deals and fixin them up!

I have the same addiction with early model XR80's. I went on a spree and bought three in one week. My wife supports my habit as long as it stays cheap. I've been on the wagon for a little while now but found myself scouring the local craigslist ads today in search of those two little letters followed by the number eight & zero. It's only a matter of time before I fall off of the wagon.:lol:

6 weeks ago picked up a 04 yz250f,great shape,$1300,wanted more power,so a week later picked up a 08 yz450f,50 hours,$2000....figure i'll use the 250 for tight trails and the 450 for more open and dunes...there's good deals out there,just have to be patient...

Found a few more on Craigslist today. This is one thing good about winter I guess......

A man can can never have too many toys.....and the quantity should only be limited to the size of this shed.....:):lol: