neck brace....

try a bunch on and see what feels best for you. It takes a while to get used to wearing it and riding, for sure.. took me a few days of riding to really get used to it, but it gives me confidence so I almost always wear them.

One last thing, like someone said it isa hugely debated topic here...with strong feelings on both sides:P Listen to yourself, don't let someone else push their opinions on you!

I like the A-star bionic. It is similar to Leatt but it has a break away back support. Supposedly if you have a bad enough crash that puts to much stress on your spine, the spine support will break away. But who knows, try them all on and get the one that feels right to you. My cousin wears a new EVS, he likes it and my riding buddy wears a Leatt which he likes. So it's totally up to the each rider. And like some have already mentioned, don't get cought up in the "nasty" debate about braces, if you want one get it.

Get the best you can afford any brace is better than none so really you cant go wrong. The leatt is a great choice very popular and a good design.

Thats BS, its not better then none, its a personal choice! Any gear, no matter what it is, is designed to protect a certain part or area, but a down side is that it can weaken other areas, example is boots, though they protect your feet, they put more stress on you knees. Me personally, I have been riding the better part of 25 years, I have never needed a neck brace and nothing bad has resulted in it.

Also, as for the OP, a new company called Atlas has a neck brace out. The company owner is also one of the founders of the Matrix products. Heres a link for a little information, because they are so new, there website isnt quite up but at least it will get you started. http://www.directmotocross.com/news/breaking/2011/11/atlas-brace-technologies-inc-announces-worldwide-launch-new-atlas-neck-brace-u

Thats BS, its not better then none, its a personal choice! Any gear, no matter what it is, is designed to protect a certain part or area, but a down side is that it can weaken other areas, example is boots, though they protect your feet, they put more stress on you knees. Me personally, I have been riding the better part of 25 years, I have never needed a neck brace and nothing bad has resulted in it.

Also, as for the OP, a new company called Atlas has a neck brace out. The company owner is also one of the founders of the Matrix products. Heres a link for a little information, because they are so new, there website isnt quite up but at least it will get you started. http://www.directmotocross.com/news/breaking/2011/11/atlas-brace-technologies-inc-announces-worldwide-launch-new-atlas-neck-brace-u

this is a good post.

@ the op : Evaluate how much you can spend, from there look into what fits. Regardless of maker, any reputable brace maker will have a minimum of quality so at the end of the day go with whatever fits the best

A helmet that doesn't fit - doesn't work. Same line of thought goes with braces - should you choose to wear one