Sign in to follow this  

coloring or dye for clear 2 stroke oil?

I would like to have a color to my 2stroke oil or gas so I know it has 2 stroke oil in it. I think the Maxima K2 does not have any color and the Repsol Competition does not. I am not sure about the full synthetic Bel-Ray.

Also is the Repsol Competition still not a Class V full synthetic?

I run the Maxima’s Super-M it has a orange color to it.

But I also just mark my gas can's to to make sure I do not get anything mixed up.

Ron.

I used to have a fuel dye that I used.. can't remember where I go tit..

Dye the outside of each fuel container with words (40:1, VP110, U4, Fresh Pump 93, etc...)

This tool works great for this purpose: :lol: Bel-Ray H1R is very red. Mixed, looks orangish..

sharpie30001mrkr.jpg

yup. my favorite clean oil (interceptor) has no dye, but i only put 2stroke gas in my 2stroke cans. I put the oil in first (always), and then put the gas in. If I take my 4stroke somewhere and need an extra gas can, i'll put duct tape on the 2stroke can and write '4stroke, unmixed' with a sharpie, then take off the tape when I come home.

I use Maxima Castor 927. It is a dark brown that is noticeable through a clear fuel jug once mixed.

Dye the outside of each fuel container with words (40:1, VP110, U4, Fresh Pump 93, etc...)

This tool works great for this purpose: :lol: Bel-Ray H1R is very red. Mixed, looks orangish..

sharpie30001mrkr.jpg

That probably works fine for you guys with 1 bike and 1 lawn mower. I use a constant rotation of 5 jugs and need to tell by looking inside.

That probably works fine for you guys with 1 bike and 1 lawn mower. I use a constant rotation of 5 jugs and need to tell by looking inside.

It works good here have 3 bikes ones a two stroke 1 riding mower 1 kubota tractor and a few heater's for the barn. So in all I have 7 jugs

Used to use universal fuel tags but over the years they have got lost.

Found these give them a shot http://www.huesco.com/html/products.html

AUT_0135.gif

mix-n-tag.jpg

Edited by Ron731

Just as a sharpie would also quickly be lost by me.

:):lol:

I hear you on that one. Been there a few times myself :lol:

we have 5 2-strokes and 3 4-strokes and 1 lawnmower.

I would rather rely on looking at the outside and knowing what is ALWAYS in my gas tanks than having to look inside.

blue cans ALWAYS are 2stroke unless clearly marked otherwise (once every few years).

my Red cans are ALWAYS 4stroke unless clearly marked otherwise (once every few years)

tresa's red cans are ALWAYS 2stroke. ALWAYS.

easy peasy.

I want to be able to look at my gas both through my semi clear tank on the moto and coming out of my steel gas cans, and know for sure by the color of the actual mix of fuel and hopefully oil or lack thereof, and know if I put 2 stroke oil in it or not.

I like to be able to tell for sure that I put 2 stroke oil in my gas by the color of the gas. The painted what ever color gas can does not tell me that I did not somehow forget to put the oil in. I do not like the idea of running my engine without the necessary oil in it and destroying my engine.

Edited by SuzukiDRZ

I have been using the blue kerosene cans for pre-mix also, it's a no-brainer.

If I have to put it on a gas trailer for an enduro remote gas location, I mark it as diesel so no one thinks twice about using it.

I use a white grease pencil (china marker) to write "2S" or "4S" on the gas cans. If the 2S gas has oil it it I write "yes"; if not "no".

The grease pencil won't rub off but is easy to remove with a little gas, alcohol, brake cleaner etc..

I am having the issues as SuzukiDRZ is saying. The oil I use (AMSOIL Interceptor) is the same color as premium gasoline. I need to dye my fuel so that I don’t accidentally pick up my fuel jug and fill my bike to find that the wife or one of the kids decided to borrow it and forget to tell me they used it for what ever.

How can I dye my fuel? I don’t want to change brands of oil for 2 reasons, 1-I get this oil far cheaper than I can any other brand. 2- It is a full synthetic oil designed for power valves.