Sign in to follow this  

a little scared

Hey guys and girls I'm a little scared to hit big jumps because my broken arm just recently healed. I havent hit big jumps yet just some small to medium sized ones and after a while my arm starts to hurt. should I hold off and wait till my arm gets stronger or no?

build up some strength and build your confidence level up i broke my ankle doin a 90ft triple and it took my a little over a full year to get back to jumping that distance just dont rush anything and you should be good

I would... I had a nasty shoulder injury 3 years ago. Rushed back so I could start the season on time and messed it up worse. Ended up damaging nerves and tendons so now I have a permanantly F'ed shoulder. Constantly in pain if I even move it the wrong way, at 25 I shouldnt have issues like this. Its not worth it IMO.

Take your time, heal up correctly and work on your strength and get back into it SLOWLY. I mean whats the rush? If you can handle the small stuff then do that to keep it fun but dont push too far too soon or you'll regret it later. Perfect time to work on the fundamentals if you ask me. Practice corners, starts, etc. and when your shoulder is 100% get back to your normal get back to your grind. Just speaking from my personal experience!

Does "just healed" mean released w/o a cast? Bone takes 8-12 weeks to be 100% like nothing ever happened, depending on where the fx was. Where was it btw? Bottom line like stated above, if it hurts you arent ready. I work in ortho and see this almost every day. 3 months rehab now keeps you from being half ass performance forever. Put your time in now and never look back. Good luck.

I would... I had a nasty shoulder injury 3 years ago. Rushed back so I could start the season on time and messed it up worse. Ended up damaging nerves and tendons so now I have a permanantly F'ed shoulder. Constantly in pain if I even move it the wrong way, at 25 I shouldnt have issues like this. Its not worth it IMO.

Take your time, heal up correctly and work on your strength and get back into it SLOWLY. I mean whats the rush? If you can handle the small stuff then do that to keep it fun but dont push too far too soon or you'll regret it later. Perfect time to work on the fundamentals if you ask me. Practice corners, starts, etc. and when your shoulder is 100% get back to your normal get back to your grind. Just speaking from my personal experience!

Exactly I dislocated my elbow and started doing exercises and riding before i should have. Now my elbow locks up all of a sudden and while riding i get a pain in it.

Just healed as in when the doctor told me I can start riding. And it doesn't hurt right off the bat after awhile it does. I also broke just above my wrist on the ulna it was a clean break just a fracture.

A doctor cant tell you how your arm feels... if it hurts then its not ready, plain and simple.

I understand how the process works with doctors and stuff, but they can only give a recommendation. Guarentee if you went back in and saw him and told him your arm was getting sore after a lap or two he would tell you to take just a few more weeks off. Ive been there.

After any injury it takes time to get your confidence as well as strength back.

Number one, make sure the injury is 100% healed. Once the bone is healed you can start getting more aggressive with your strength building.

On the bike, it takes time. Start slow and build your confidence back.

Keep us posted on your progress!

Have a great day,

Jason