Sign in to follow this  

Are new hubs worth it

I was at Milestone Mx this weekend and saw some riders on the sx track with 2012 kx450f's, they look just like my stock 12 kx450 with a few changes I could see as they flew by me..exhaust and hubs, I'm sure others upgrades as well. Are hubs a good investment? Is it alright to just get hubs with my 2012's stock rim? :lol: or is it really pointless for the causal track rider?

There is absolutely nothing to gain from aftermarket hubs, aside from perhaps shaving a few meager ounces. If you want a good investment, get a motocross training DVD like what Ryan Hughes puts out and you can whoop the ass of all those posers with your OEM hubs :lol:

I was at Milestone Mx this weekend and saw some riders on the sx track with 2012 kx450f's, they look just like my stock 12 kx450 with a few changes I could see as they flew by me..exhaust and hubs, I'm sure others upgrades as well. Are hubs a good investment? Is it alright to just get hubs with my 2012's stock rim? :) or is it really pointless for the causal track rider?

I've seen you ride, and you can DEFINITELY use some magic hubs.:lol:

Aftermarket hubs are just for looks. that is all.

Are you telling us that you think a cast hub is stronger than a billet hub?

If we leave out any rider who is capable of qualifying for an outdoor national, no, I don't believe aftermarket hubs are worth the money. (unless you want the bling factor)

Rarely will one ever see a stock hub fail that wasn't the result of another failure, short of the death defying speed the top pro's carry.

If we leave out any rider who is capable of qualifying for an outdoor national, no, I don't believe aftermarket hubs are worth the money. (unless you want the bling factor)

Rarely will one ever see a stock hub fail that wasn't the result of another failure, short of the death defying speed the top pro's carry.

True, I hate alle that crap-shi.. bling bling hubs. A lot of aftermarket wheels are junk and heavy compared to stock wheels, aside from a few good products.... Well, just my words.

AMA pro Byrner broke his c6 (back) n nose rockin a stock hub in the whoops .tell him it's just bling !but for 99 % of us stock hubs are fine...

Edited by 275-450
Update

AMA pro Byrner broke his c6 (back) n nose rockin a stock hub in the whoops .tell him it's just bling !but for 99 % of us stock hubs are fine...

See previous post.

Originally Posted by FeliX 450 View Post

Aftermarket hubs are just for looks. that is all.