Sign in to follow this  

Yz250f 08 click when i push on the rear end any ideas

when i compress my rear shock i hear a loud click noise it usually only does it if the bike has been sitting for like a day and then i push down on it then it makes the click and then again when i let sit again. I was wondering what this could be and how i can fix it shock seems to be alright but dont want to put the money into it for rebuild yet as i am goin to be doing revalve and all in january with new springs and all i am like 195 and it has stock springs. also i just rebuilt front forks with all new everything with the pivot works kit. Problem is i rode for the first time since then and they started leaking noticeably and i had my mechanic do it so any answers on y that might be well any help will be greatly appreciated as i need this fixed soon all i do is play around on tracks right now until i get my revalve done so then i start racing again its my second one of these and other one got revalved then got offer on it i couldnt refuse lol well someone help me please and thanks

The click most likely is the lower shock brg. That or another of the linkage or swingarm brgs.

Most likely your forks are leaking already from either damaging them on install or you didn't get every little nick or scratch smoothed out. I would replace the aftermarket seals & bushings with OEM because if you get them to quit leaking for now chances are the forks will feel sticky anyways as the quality & specs of aftermarket are not like OEM

doc

oh ok then i am takin them back to my buddy and see what he says about them so as far as the rear the bearings is the reaon i have the click so i am just going to replace all the bearings in the rear suspensions thanks doc