Sign in to follow this  

dual sport conversions in mass

Hello everyone, Iam new to the site. I have searched around online and in this forum regarding registering a dual sport converted bike in mass. I found several older posts regarding this and guys saying the had sucess with it. I was just wondering if anyone has done it recently ?? I hate to go buy a 450 and spend all the cash on a conversion and get denied. Any info is appreciated.

I had a older klx400 years back and it far from impressed me. Iam a big guy,6.4 275 lbs so Iam going to need something with some power to have fun with. Iam not sure exactly what yet but I figured I would look into converting a 450 or 650r etc etc

Thanks again everyone :lol:

I went through this a while ago.

My insurance agent/bike nut buddy called his Registry Inspector friend on my behalf. Seems that a while back, it wasn't a problem to do a conversion, but not any more. As I understand it, if you don't have a STREET-LEGAL title, it's a no-go. If the title says "not for highway use" yer outa luck. Others may have had different results.

I ended up getting a DR-Z 400s, blinkers and all. I'm 6' 1", 240#, and it hauls my butt just fine (added bar risers and Seat Concepts seat, big difference!).

My understanding is that some KTM's have a loophole in their titles that allows them to be registered, but may need blinkers, etc. to fully comply.

Also check out www.nedirtbikes.com lots of good guys on there.

Good luck, let us know how you make out!

A buddy of mine has a...05 i think it is ktm 525 that he dual sported and registered. Its got some power. There not cheap but very nice bikes.