Sign in to follow this  

2007 kx250

I am probably going to buy one for 2 grand. I guess i'll add a picture. But I am inexperienced with Kawasaki. What were the major pros and cons of this year and model? It seems like a good deal to me. With all the mods, as you can see, it looks like i will be able to do my woods/trail riding, but still be able to play around on the track.

2007kx250.jpg

Thanks guys,

Happy riding.

No problems other then normal 2 stroke maintenance except the linkage bearings, especially the lower shock bearing. Clean and grease frequently. Suspension may be a little harsh in the rocky woods but not to bad. Make sure it is sprung for your weight. Congrats on your future purchase.

No problems other then normal 2 stroke maintenance except the linkage bearings, especially the lower shock bearing. Clean and grease frequently. Suspension may be a little harsh in the rocky woods but not to bad. Make sure it is sprung for your weight. Congrats on your future purchase.

+1

It looks like a good deal. I said this in another one of your(250exc2002) threads but Ill say it again. Make sure to check the vin on it. I always do it when getting a bike, but the reason I am emphasizing it now is the 2007 kx250 should have anodized hubs. The one pictured does not, which makes me think it could be an 06. Its just good to know exactly what your getting.

+1

It looks like a good deal. I said this in another one of your(250exc2002) threads but Ill say it again. Make sure to check the vin on it. I always do it when getting a bike, but the reason I am emphasizing it now is the 2007 kx250 should have anodized hubs. The one pictured does not, which makes me think it could be an 06. Its just good to know exactly what your getting.

Good eye.

Brown trees though. So yeah, check the vin. forks aren't 07 either with the fork guard retainer.

my 06 and my cousins 06 have brown trees.

Not trying to jack your thread, just wanted to point that out.

Brown trees? What are trees?

My wifes 07 has the brown hubs and the forks on that bike are differant. As Jeekinz said the fork guard guides are not on a 07.

Brown trees? What are trees?

The evergreens in the background are brown.

Im just messing with you. We were referring to the triple trees.

And to who ever commented about the graphics. You could probably swap out the 06 shrouds for 07 shrouds in about 30 seconds. Then again, the wheels could have been swapped out too.

Just as OTHG_DAVE_925 said, either way, its worth 2k.

lack of fork guard retainers is the biggest clue, shrouds are easier to buy and swap out than forks.

Handling is not the best, as some reviews point out, forks a little harsh.

lack of fork guard retainers is the biggest clue, shrouds are easier to buy and swap out than forks.

Handling is not the best, as some reviews point out, forks a little harsh.