Sign in to follow this  

Uni air filters

Okay guys i got a couple questions. 1. I have a pit bike with a carb thats 1 and a hlaf inches across, does that mean i buy a 1 and a half inch air filter or bigger? Also do u think it would be okay to clean and oil a uni filter with no toil solvents or will it break down the filter? Thanks alot!

If that's the size of your carb opening that's the flange size you need...there are different shapes and sizes to the actual air filter ..you just need to determine what will fit in the space available...

Okay guys i got a couple questions. 1. I have a pit bike with a carb thats 1 and a hlaf inches across, does that mean i buy a 1 and a half inch air filter or bigger? Also do u think it would be okay to clean and oil a uni filter with no toil solvents or will it break down the filter? Thanks alot!

Not sure which one(the red or green bottle) but I've heard several times that one of them will break down UNI filters. I think it was the original red version.

I use...and highly recommend UNI filters. I have 4 that I've been using since '07 and they are still like new. I clean them with diesel and oil them with Belray foam filter oil. Belray oil doesn't dry out after a few weeks or run down the filter and leak out the bottom of the airbox like some others do.

So would that be a 1 and 3/4 filter i should buy? And i believe i have the new blue and green bottle.