Sign in to follow this  

California anyone ever ridden the trail system behind bear river res??

so i rode a trail system behind bear river reservoir off hwy 88 last year and it was awesome till i got hurt and id like to go back but having a hard time finding trail maps, anyone know what the area is called??

so i rode a trail system behind bear river reservoir off hwy 88 last year and it was awesome till i got hurt and id like to go back but having a hard time finding trail maps, anyone know what the area is called??

Are you talking about Pipi Valley? If not check the similar threads links on the bottom of this thread. There's a couple...

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/viewarea.php?t=654110

I want to ride here soon. It looks fun from the you tube vids i've scene of it. Let me know when you go, i'd like to rip around here soon.

no this is on the east side of BRR did a 6 hour loop there once, got hurt the second time and haven't been back. I assume its snow covered about now but i Intend on planning a ride there this summer.

Yea there is at least one very cool single track close to Bear Reservoir BUT NEVER Go to the Camp Ground at the Lake They Hate Dirt bikes But Quads are there best friends!!! They will make you lock up your bike in there building and will not let your bike get even close to your camp, even if you just want to set up then drop off your bike. But Quads are riding NO helmet doubles all around the camp!!:lol:

no this is on the east side of BRR did a 6 hour loop there once, got hurt the second time and haven't been back. I assume its snow covered about now but i Intend on planning a ride there this summer.

BRR runs east/west. There is a jeep road on the south side that runs east toward Plasse's. there are some killer single tracks near Mud Lake, then there is a tough single track that goes down to Plasse's. If you continue east on Squaw ridge which was old Carson Pass Wabon road you can take six horse single track down to Hwy 50 at east end of Silver lake.

squaw ridge ohv trail runs from Lower Bear to Kirkwood. South side of trial is wilderness - no go

northside has some trails. Dual Sporters use this as a connector.

keywords to search for

Allen, Plasse, mud lake, thunder mountain

we stage by crossing dam at lower bear and taking paved rd to end (1 mile?), then its a rough dirt road for approx 20 miles ? cant remember. great scenic ride, with a few technical sections.

squaw ridge ohv trail runs from Lower Bear to Kirkwood. .

Are you sure? I think there was an OHV trail to Kirkwood but it is Wilderness now. Only way out of east end of Squaw Ridge is down Six Horse single track.

by kirkwood I mean at the base of the hill looking up at the Lifts. not 100% to kirkwood. yes there a tech single track from there north to 88 runs east of silver lake.

Are you sure? I think there was an OHV trail to Kirkwood but it is Wilderness now. Only way out of east end of Squaw Ridge is down Six Horse single track.

BRR runs east/west. There is a jeep road on the south side that runs east toward Plasse's. there are some killer single tracks near Mud Lake, then there is a tough single track that goes down to Plasse's. If you continue east on Squaw ridge which was old Carson Pass Wabon road you can take six horse single track down to Hwy 50 at east end of Silver lake.

sorry my correction the trail starts on the south east side of the lake and then we climbed to the top of a mountain where there is a signal torch tower?? then down the other side it splits from the 4x4 trail to single track for some awesome riding.