Sign in to follow this  

YZ 250F or 450F after DRZ

I sold my DRZ-S last year. The DRZ is an incredibly awesome bike but I needed to sell it. I want another dirt bike but since I never ride on the road I am going with a YZ 250F or 450F (or WR). I thought the power of the DRZ was perfect for me in the dirt, especially after the airbox mod. Everyone who got on my DRZ loved it. The weight was the only downer. I want to be able to do some old man jumps without coming back to earth like a freight train..haha. So with that said will a YZ-250F have similar power to my DRZ or will I be disapointed? Anyone ever ride a 250F or 450F after a DRZ? Thanks.

I have a fully built DRZ434 and a stock YZ450F

If you wanna do anything "Old Man Style" I would highly suggest avoiding the YZ450F cuz that bike is a hoss that doesnt like to go slow for any reason. I would suggest a well set up 2 stroke woods bike if a tag does not concern you.

I have heard the 450 is handful which is why i am leaning toward a 250. I am not too interested in DRZ-E. A YZ250F is still 40 + lbs. lighter than an E. i am considering a 2 stroke if a 250F is not enough.

I have 434 E and January 1st I bought a '07 WR450. I've only ridden the DRZ a half dozen times since. The Yamaha rocks off road ! Not selling the DRZ because of the plate,and it is still fun, just a different kind of fun.